We Rock Your Web in the Press!

Best size for Pinterest image?

Home Forums Social Media Pinterest Best size for Pinterest image?

Post a New Topic

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 11 months ago.

• Author

Sally301
    Participant

Okay, so I've finally got the Pinterest sharing button working in my sidebar thanks to your guys floating social media buttons code. Thanks!!

The only problem I'm having is getting a Pinterest image linked so people can automatically "pin" any page, not just one with images.

Can you tell me what the optimal/ ideal dimensions are for a Pinterest image?

Alex Schenker
    Keymaster

Pinterest images, when clicked on, support a resolution of up to 600 pixels wide (height can be anything). Thumbnails in board-view are 192 pixels wide. Use these dimensions to size your Pinterest optimized images accordingly.

Anonymous

According to their guidelines, images posted (or pinned) to the Pinterest site can be a maximum of 600 pixels wide, without a limit on the height. Therefore, I think the obvious answer to this post is that your images should be at least 600 pixels wide. The height of the image is much less important, but it should be a size which makes everything look good together.

While the sizing of the image is certainly very important, I also think that the image should be kept very clean looking. It is important to understand that the Pinterest site is very image and graphically oriented. Your images are what will make your pins and boards (and even profile) stand out. So make sure that you are only posting quality images.

Another interesting fact about images on Pinterest is that timing seems to matter. If you examine the traffic patterns, you will see that there are huge spikes in Pinterest use before and after normal working hours. This tells me that people are not yet bringing the site with them to work (like they seem to do with Facebook and Twitter). It also suggests that good times to post your images would be early (say 5 or 6 in the morning) or late afternoon (either 4 or then after 7 in the evening).

If you are trying to market on Pinterest do not just pin images of your products.

seo12
    Participant

Make no mistake about it,Pinterest is a graphically based media site. It is probably THE most graphically based site in all of the internet. Choosing images which will get shared is the key to finding success on the site.

The first trick is to pick the right format for your photos and other images. Start by accepting the fact that you will not be able to pin that wonderful flash slide show or presentation from your main site. You can use jpg, png and bmp formatted images.

You also want to convey your message in a clear style. Try to do this by embedding images with text that is very easy to read. Do this in a bold manner and you may just have a winner on your hands that gets a large number of shares. You can also use your images to promote things like contests and give away’s. Everyone likes free stuff, so this should be a no brainer.

Using Pinterest is an excellent way to gain more visibility for your business, products or brand. It is also important to remember that the maximum size displayed will be 600 pixels wide (there is no limit to the height, but obviously it should look appropriate). I think that the most important thing is to provide value. Do not be overly focused on just throwing your stuff out there; give before you get.

Anonymous

Okay, so I am 66 years old and not very computer literate, could you explain how to create thumbnail images on pinterest? Thanks a bunch!

Anonymous

Thanks so much!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.