Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in!

Please wait...

The Real WordPress Experience is Sought

I have been hearing a lot of things about using WordPress. Frankly, I am not sure what to believe, since everyone seems to think it is the best thing since sliced bread. My experience has been that websites are difficult to build, use and manage. I just want some real honest answers as to how …

Read More »

What are the Best Joomla Courses?

I really enjoy a lot of different tech things. I have been playing around with computers for as long as I can remember. By this I mean not just wasting my time playing video games (although I do that on occasion), but actually taking computers and other electronic devices apart, studying them and then putting …

Read More »

The Joomla Conference is $200 Bucks?

I love Joomla, in fact, I love everything that’s open-source. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t feel entitled to get things for free, I just like that fact that people are willing to design and contribute and that a community can grow around such useful utilities. However, $200 is a lot of money, and I …

Read More »

Blogging and Web Analytics?

Here is a question from a student I am especially proud of. She has started something new in our area and is really doing well with it! I’ve just started my own blog. It’s a really simple blog about the local arts scene. I cover a lot of local poets and musicians. I love covering …

Read More »

New Job Opportunities with Joomla?

I am always amazed at the wealth of free information that I find online.  One thing I notice on Craigslist is that people are hiring Joomla designers, and they are offering big money.  I also notice that Joomla is open source.  Does that mean I can teach myself this and turn it into cold, hard …

Read More »

Piwik analytics auto archive file permissions

I’ve loving the open source Analytics software, Piwik. To me it’s just as good as Google Analytics, with the added bonus that I own, run and control the data (and don’t give the big G access to all of it!). I’ve got it more or less up and running on my Drupal 6 installation, including …

Read More »

Send this to a friend