Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in!

Please wait...

Where is the print screen key in Mac OS?

I just switched from PC to Mac (on a shiny new Macbook Pro Retina display with flash storage :D). The first day was rough (I was ready to return the Mac and stay with PC), but after my Mac friends showed me some tips and tricks, I can say I’m more than hooked now. I’m …

Read More »

iPhone Carrier Settings Updated

So just the other day a pop up on my iPhone displayed a message “Carrier settings updated –  new settings required for your device have been installed.” The only option I had was to “OK” the message. Since I had just happened to read an article on how the NSA was harvesting information from Verizon …

Read More »

What is InputPersonalization.exe?

I was going through task manager trying to shut down my QB processes from running (Quickbooks would automatically crash when starting, every time). QB now starts fine, but while in process manager I also noticed a process (filename) called InputPersonalization.exe running. What the heck does this do? Any ideas?

Read More »

Mac OS How to SSH into Website via Terminal

Can someone explain to me how to access the backend of my server via Mac OS X terminal and using SSH with a public key? I did this once in the past on a Windows machine with Putty, but have no idea how to get this done on my Macbook Pro. Ideally, I would also …

Read More »

What Do Firefox’s Recent Changes Mean?

I have always liked Firefox, and have used it for many years as my browser.  It was always really easy and I found it to be much more pleasant than Internet Explorer.  I’m not sure how I found out about Firefox in the first place, but once I downloaded it, I never went back to …

Read More »

Send this to a friend