Reader's Questions

Have a burning question?

1. Use the search box at right to see if it has already been answered.
  2. If not, use the form below to submit your question.

If it’s a unique question and a good fit for our site, we’ll post it and hopefully our community chimes in!

Please wait...

Pinterest CSRF verification failed. Request aborted.

I’m getting the error message pinterest CSRF verification failed. Request aborted. (a 403 error page) when trying to "pin" a page from the social media toolbar using Google’s Chrome browser. I have cookies enabled for pinterest.com (using the wildcard [*.]pinterest.com), but it still won’t work. Any ideas?

Read More »

Empire Avenue

Recently I was introduced to a site called Empire Avenue. It is actually a game, but it helps you to develop your social media influence and bring together some of the people who you already interact with on other social media sites like Facebook and Twitter. The object of the “game” is to develop as …

Read More »

Social Media Addiction?

At first I was feeling like a fuddy-duddy for saying this to my friend’s kid, but every time I go over to her house, he’s online. He’s addicted to Facebook. It’s just too much. If he was a girl, I could see it. Not trying to be chauvinist. I’m just saying, seeing a teen kid …

Read More »

Purchasing a website via Sedo brokerage

I’m considering hiring a Sedo broker to help me purchase a website. Unlike domain name purchases, which I know they’re known for, I’ve never used Sedo to purchase a fully developed website. I’ve tried getting in touch with the owner of this site via whois records as well as direct contact (email from the website), …

Read More »

How to embed Vine videos in website?

Do you web rockers happen to have an idea as to how I might embed a Vine video on my website? In other words, right now I can only access my videos on my phone. It would be great if I could share them on my site for family and friends to see.

Read More »

Your cover photo needs to be at least 399 pixels wide

I’m trying to upload a banner cover image to our company’s Facebook account. I’ve learned that the optimal dimensions are 851×351 px. However, when I try and update the cover photo with a PNG or GIF, I get the error message “This Photo is Too Small: Your cover photo needs to be at least 399 …

Read More »

Send this to a friend