Branding your offline experience is important, so why not make branding your online experience a priority too?
Facebook cover photos give brands real estate to add a little more personality and individuality to the page without taking away from the simple, clean interface and uncluttered experience of Facebook that everyone has become accustomed to.
Other social media platforms like LinkedIn and Twitter followed the trend and jumped on the timeline cover photo bandwagon, allowing you the opportunity to add a larger photo to the top of your page in addition to the profile photo.
Why Social Media Cover Photos?
Update your social media pages with the right timeline cover sizes to capitalize on your already captive audience of fans and the new universe of potential customers who might find you via search.
Optimal Cover Photo And Profile Photo Dimensions By Social Media Channel
- Profile photo size: Displays at 170 x 170 pixels on computers, 128 x 188 pixels on smartphones. (Crops to a circle size).
- Cover photo size: Displays at 820 x 312 pixels on computers, 640 x 360 pixels on smartphones. (Must be at least 400 pixels wide and 150 pixels tall).
- Profile photo size: 400 x 400 pixels
- Header (or banner) Photo size: 1,500 x 500 pixels
- Company logo size: 300 x 300 pixels
- Cover photo size: 1,192 x 220 pixels
- Channel cover picture: Recommended 2,560 x 1,440 pixels (desktop)
What’s Your Social Media Image Strategy?
If your company is on any of these social networking sites, you should consider branding your online experience by using a custom cover, header, and profile photos. If not, what are you waiting for? Learn more about social media strategy, including social media management tools to schedule and track your posting efforts.
Have you created custom cover photos? Let us know in the comments!Tagged With: