To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Need high-resolution, top-notch stock photos, images or videos on a regular basis but don’t want to spend a fortune? Thanks to Depositphotos and its talented contributors from all over the globe, you can find the visual you need to help tell the story of your business without looking cheesy or unoriginal. Learn more about Depositphotos’ wide-range of photography, visual images and videos in our in-depth review that includes a company overview, pricing, pros and cons, and more.
Launched in 2009 by Dmitry Sergeev, Depositphoto grew to one million files in just a few short months. Shortly after they added editorial images and videos to the database making it a major player in the stock photo industry in a relatively short period. In fact, it’s so big we ranked it as our #2 pick for best digital media. In addition to its large selection of media, Depositphoto also provides great customer services offering 24/7 support in 20 languages in offices located throughout the world in New York, Milan, Kiev, Moscow and Warsaw. Now that you know a little bit more about the company, let’s get into some of their specific features, how much it costs and what others have to say about Depositphotos.
- Affordable pricing
- Phone support and live chat 24/7
- Create a free account no credit card required
- A+ BBB rating with high customer satisfaction
- Unused downloads transfer to next month (with Flexible Plan)
- One price regardless of resolution and size for photos and images
- Some complaints that it’s difficult to cancel the monthly subscription service
Depositphotos Key Features
- Over 60 million high-quality royalty-free stock photos, high-definition footage and vector images
- Phone support in every major language available anytime
- Sort photos by best match, most popular or newest and view in thumbnail or larger sizes
- Advanced search features include excluding keywords, photo orientation (horizontal vs. vertical), contributor demographics and more
- Save favorite photos to folders and organize to view and purchase later
- Available on iOS and Google Play store to search, view and manage your library on the go
- Blog with photo tutorials, inspiration and tips
Depositphotos’ pricing is highly competitive and the cost per image depends on how many you need and how frequently. If you plan to use often, then it has a few subscription plans to choose from. However, if you opt not to subscribe, you can buy credits in smaller quantities at a higher price per image. Note: All subscription plans have a discount if you sign up for a full year, so this is something to consider if you plan to use it for an extended period.
Photos & Vectors Pricing
Subscription (Use it or lose it)
- 75 images: $69/month ($0.96 per image) or $699/year
- 150 images: $99/month ($0.66 per image) or $999/year
- 750 images: $199/month ($0.26 per image) or $1,999/year
Flexible Subscription Plan (Unused downloads transfer to the next month)
- 30 images: $29/month ($0.96 per image) or $299/year
- Additional images are $1 each
On Demand (Pay as you go, must use credits within a year from purchase)
- 10 images: $49 ($4.90 per image)
- 25 images: $99 ($3.96 per image)
- 100 images: $299 ($2.99 per image)
For video, there are no subscription plans offered and the cost varies depending on the size, quality and quantity you need.
Get 10% off Depositphotos subscriptions with coupon code OS0290048 via our link.
What Do Customers Think of Depositphotos?
Wondering what others have to say about Depositphotos? Here are a few positive and negative comments we found from those with first-hand experience with the site.
Positive Depositphotos Reviews
I love Deposit photos bc the selection is huge – literally thousands of images to choose from and the price is excellent. – Sarah, TrustPilot 2/21/2017
Depositphotos is chock-a-block of amazing as well as lifelike photos. I have been habitual to get disappointed and anxious while I was searching for a good site even I kept finding every now and then, incessantly. Unluckily, I often found the sites that have tremendous tedious and stale photos. I always wanted to look different from my competitors. All of sudden someone grabbed me around the Depositphotos. It is an amazing and trustworthy service. I always got unique, high-quality, and high-resolution photos by this service. – Rasel, SiteJabber 8/6/2016
Negative Depositphotos Reviews
Depositphotos becomes expensive and a little strange when you have to pay for images on a monthly basis and are not able to download your images that are paid for, unless you continue to pay each month. – David, TrustPilot 2/17/2017
Once you purchase a monthly plan, no matter how many steps you take to turn off auto-renewal you will find that it comes out of your account anyway. Then you have to call and wait a week a week or so for them to reverse the charges. – Tammy, SiteJabber 1/4/2017
Video: Travel Europe With Depositphotos
Watch this one minute video to see a montage of shots from Europe using a sampling of beautiful video clips from Depositphoto’s library. From time-lapses to aerial drone shots, action and landscapes. You could make an entire feature film using its stunning stock footage.
Picture Yourself With Depositphotos
They say “a photo is worth a thousand words” so investing in better visuals is well worth every penny. Whether it be for a brochure, social media or an ad campaign, using depositphotos takes the burden off you worrying about if you own the rights to an image or finding the time to take your own. You have lots of options to pick from when it comes to stock photos (and video) but Depositphotos prices are hard to beat.
What will you create with depositphotos?