- May 26, 2010 at 9:13 am #10774
It’s much better… Thanks a lot!
The only problem is that the signature still appears at the end of the message. Do you know how to make it appear above the original message? I’ve tried the methods mentioned in your Thunderbird – reply above quote doesn’t work article, but Thunderbird 3.0.4 does not have the “mail.identity.idx.sig_bottom” entry.
Thank you very much!!!
- November 15, 2007 at 4:05 pm #10555
I want my replies to show up above the message – help please!
- November 17, 2007 at 3:38 pm #10557
If you’ve recently switched to the open-source email app Thunderbird, you are probably wondering why the reply defaults to below the text. We were wondering the same thing. To get it back on top:
- Browse to Tools -> Account Settings
- For each account, you can adjust settings under “Composition & Addressing”
- The drop-down box will let you choose “start my reply above the quote”
- May 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm #10777
Sorry for my last comment! I’ve just found an option to specify if I want the signature at the end or at the beginning of the answer. Now, it’s perfect. Thanks!
- May 26, 2010 at 10:26 pm #10780
Wonderful! Now Thunderbird works the way I wanted it to!
Thanks a lot!
- October 27, 2010 at 8:44 am #10783
- October 29, 2010 at 8:38 am #10787
I’m having the same problem in Thunderbird 3.1.6. Change all my settings to “above message” and “signature below reply” but it still won’t work.
I’m gonna Google but if anyone knows how to set the mail.identity.idx.sig_bottom in this version – I’d love to know.
- July 20, 2011 at 2:42 am #10790
Has the new Thunderbird 5.0 solved this problem?
- March 29, 2012 at 3:14 pm #10794
Thank you! I have been using Microsoft Outlook Express for the past 10 years. Recently I changed to Mozilla Thunderbird and I got stuck with this issue, very annoying indeed. I’m glad it’s working the way I want now. Thanks!!
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.