To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Seeking a website where employers have the opportunity to find the best candidates in their field? Qualifications include a diverse pool of applicants, excellent resume search features, recruiting tools, account management and much more. Is Indeed the perfect fit for the job?
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- What Do Employers Think?
- How Does Indeed Work? (Video)
- Other Job Sites To Consider
- Can post jobs for free
- Run pay-per-click job advertising campaigns that move your jobs to the top of job seekers’ lists
- Search 100 million resumes
- Mobile-optimized job listings and applications
- Only receive notifications from applicants who say they meet your qualifications
- Manage candidates and schedule interviews from your Indeed account
- Integrates with many applicant tracking systems (ATS)
- Available in 50 countries and 28 languages
- Excellent user feedback for account management and customer support
- Site isn’t transparent about specific pay-per-click rates for Sponsored Jobs
- Several user complaints about excessive charges
- More than 180 million unique visitors per month
- Resume search filters include education level, salary range, title, work experience and more
- User-friendly UI makes it easy to post jobs and manage multiple postings and applications
- Create a Company Page and Targeted Ads to showcase your brand
- Conduct candidate evaluations from Indeed’s ready-made test modules
- Ability to hire an Indeed recruiter to save you time and resources
Employers pay only when people click on their “Sponsored Jobs” up to the amount they set for their budget, and you can change your budget at any time.
- Free: Post jobs in general search results
- Starting at $5 per day: Sponsored Posts (appear above free listings)
We started using Indeed this year. Super easy interface. Lots of pre-screening options and recruiting services… and for free. You can also leverage add on services for a fee when needed. Super happy with the experience and the great team weve hired! 90% retention rate after one year! – Anna L., Sitejabber 7/11/2018
With no reservations, I would recommend Indeed to any small or big company. The customized assistance I received from my Account Exec and Client Success Specialist were invaluable. I am confident my company experienced a greater ROI b/c of their expertise. – Candy W., Trustpilot 5/15/2018
Indeed is very deceptive about its’ billing practices. I ran a short national ad recruiting salespeople in April 2018. I watched the ad because they’d completely ignored my budget in the past. The ad only ran for 15 minutes before I canceled it, but the charges continued to accrue. I called indeed to complain and they refused to refund the overcharges and also signed me up for a monthly resume subscription without my knowledge. I have called multiple times trying to get this canceled and get a refund with no luck. – Tim L., Sitejabber 7/9/2108
Indeed has gone downhill. Used to be a great site for advertising jobs for free, but now a free job advert will get 0 views, even after hours of being listed. If you sort by date, old jobs from days ago will show up as New. Sometimes browsing the local area won’t show jobs we’ve posted at all. The site used to be great and we had lots of hits, now we’re buried and unsearchable, presumably because we didn’t pay. It’s a shame. – Dan, Trustpilot 6/7/2018
Watch the video below to see how easy Indeed is to use.
Are you still not sure that Indeed is the best fit, or you want to cover all your bases? There are plenty of other job sites like Indeed. Be sure to check out our reviews of the 5 best job posting sites for employers to see additional options.
What’s the most surprising experience you’ve had with job posting sites?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.