To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Seeking a website where employers have the opportunity to find the best candidates in their field? Qualifications include a diverse pool of applicants, excellent resume search features, recruiting tools, account management and much more. Is Indeed as good as the hype suggests?
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- What Do Employers Think?
- How Does Indeed Work? (Video)
- Other Job Sites To Consider
- Can post jobs for free
- Run pay-per-click job advertising campaigns that move your jobs to the top of job seekers’ lists
- Search 120 million resumes
- Mobile-optimized job listings and applications
- Only receive notifications from applicants who say they meet your qualifications
- Manage candidates and schedule interviews from your Indeed account
- Integrates with 80+ applicant tracking systems (ATS) in U.S. (many others internationally)
- Available in 50 countries and 28 languages
- Excellent user feedback for account management and customer support
- Site isn’t transparent about specific pay-per-click rates for Sponsored Jobs
- Several user complaints about excessive charges
- More than 250 million unique visitors per month
- Resume search filters include education level, salary range, title, work experience and more
- User-friendly UI makes it easy to post jobs and manage multiple postings and applications
- Create a Company Page and Targeted Ads to showcase your brand
- Conduct candidate evaluations from Indeed’s ready-made test modules
- Ability to hire an Indeed recruiter to save you time and resources
Employers pay only when people click on their “Sponsored Jobs” up to the amount they set for their budget, and you can change your budget at any time.
- Free: Post jobs in general search results
- Starting at $5 per day: Sponsored Posts (appear above free listings)
What I like best about indeed are the new changes they have made for hiring. They now offer automating voice screening for candidates that apply, which helps save time from doing initial phone interview. You can also send assessments to candidates to prove they have certain skills you are looking for. You can also curate your own emails for hiring, interviewing, rejection, and they will send it to the candidates at the touch of a button. – G2 Crowd User, G2 Crowd 1/9/2019
We started using Indeed this year. Super easy interface. Lots of pre-screening options and recruiting services… and for free. You can also leverage add on services for a fee when needed. Super happy with the experience and the great team weve hired! 90% retention rate after one year! – Anna L., Sitejabber 7/11/2018
Tried to recruit several times and never hired via indeed. Despite stipulating experience and qualifications, we were inundated with zero experience candidates, and change of career candidates. Of the 4% of candidates who almost had the experience, follow-up messages were not replied to. We ended up hiring 3 candidates from elsewhere despite paying Indeed a lot of money! I won’t be trying indeed again – Ron D., Trustpilot 3/30/2019
Indeed is very deceptive about its’ billing practices. I ran a short national ad recruiting salespeople in April 2018. I watched the ad because they’d completely ignored my budget in the past. The ad only ran for 15 minutes before I canceled it, but the charges continued to accrue. I called indeed to complain and they refused to refund the overcharges and also signed me up for a monthly resume subscription without my knowledge. I have called multiple times trying to get this canceled and get a refund with no luck. – Tim L., Sitejabber 7/9/2108
Watch the video below to see how easy Indeed is to use.
Are you still not sure that Indeed is the best fit, or do you want to make sure you cover all your bases? There are plenty of other job sites like Indeed. Be sure to check out our reviews of the 6 best job posting sites for employers to see additional options.
Are you considering Indeed to hire for your next job opening?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.