To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Are you frustrated with the open rate for your email newsletters? Maybe Constant Contact, one of the oldest and best-known email marketing services, can help. With many services available today, how are you supposed to decide which one is right for you? Our Constant Contact review will help you determine if they’re your company’s best match.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Custom Services
- User Feedback
- How To Increase Email Open Rates (Video)
- What Other Email Marketing Services Are There?
- Award-winning phone and live chat support available late at night during the week
- 400+ email newsletter templates
- Create your own designs with the HTML editor
- Event and survey features
- 370+ apps/integrations, including Google Analytics
- Good marketing automation, trigger and behavioral messaging
- Track your campaigns in real time to see what works and what doesn’t
- Premium marketing services advisor program available (similar to iContact)
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Expensive compared to similar services
- No customer support on Sundays
- Must upgrade for additional features that competitors include in basic plans
- Must upgrade to Plus Plan for more than one user
- No RSS feed to email (but coming soon)
- Some users say it's hard to cancel your subscription
- Been in business since 1996
- Stevie Award-winning customer support in 2017
- 97% email deliverability rate
- InfoTransfer lets you import information from ACT!, Salesforce.com and Quickbooks
- Toolkit brings together email, social, mobile and web so you can drive repeat customers and reach new ones
- Social sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat
- QuickImport imports contacts from Gmail, MS Outlook, Facebook and Outlook Express and you can upload 100 individual email addresses at a time
- Connect marketing endeavors and small business tools to achieve greater marketing reach
Constant Contact offers some added services in case you need extra support or simply don’t have time to do everything in-house.
- Marketing Advisor Program: Work with a dedicated Marketing Advisor to help you define, refine and evolve your email campaign strategy. Guidance can include how to grow your list, design your emails or segment your lists so you can send targeted emails.
- Professional Design Services: You can have Constant Contact professionally design your email templates, including dynamic animated content.
Pricing for Constant Contact is on a per month basis. You get a 10% discount on the following prices if you pre-pay for 6 months or a 15% discount for 12 months. If you’re just starting, we suggest trying a 60-day free trial with them.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month For Email||Price Per Month For Email Plus|
|50,000+||Call 855-783-2308||Call 855-783-2308|
Constant Contact also offers an email marketing service called Email Plus. It includes email automation, online surveys, events management, online donations and more.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month|
If you need help getting started with your email marketing campaign or just don’t have the time to launch it yourself, Constant Contact offers services to help design and build it for you for $599.
Some users have had a great experience with Constant Contact, while others have had the opposite. See what real customers experienced while using Constant Contact.
Constant Contact is user friendly, offers great features and is always updating its software and interface. My company loves to be able to design something that presents our brand and company well. I would highly recommend Constant Contact to any business that sends out mass email marketing campaigns, updates, newsletters, etc. CC makes it easy to manage and also offers early open/click rates, which we love to see! – User in Marketing & Advertising, G2 Crowd 3/14/2019
Excellent company, have been creating email campaigns with Constant Contact for a long time now and the service you provide is excellent. The software is easy to use and if there are any issues these get dealt with immediately. Fantastic company, highly recommend.- Charlie C., Trustpilot, 6/15/2018
The layout of the site is intimidating and makes it difficult for me to learn about the other features available with the service. I feel like we’re overpaying for what we’re using, but that’s because we’re not using it.- Administrator, G2 Crowd 3/13/2019
Overall, I would have to say we have had a pleasure using their service, but have had a number of issues that required us to get support, and support was one of the most tedious parts of the service. Our email list is only around 15,000 so I know we’re not one of the major players on their radar, but while they make it easy to send out emails, they don’t do a great job of communicating changes or issues with their services.- Luke D., Sitejabber 6/20/2018
According to a HubSpot survey, 11 AM EST has the highest click-through rate (open rate) than any other time of day. Not happy with your open rate? Here are some tips from Constant Contact on how you can increase your email newsletter’s open rate.
Constant Contact is extremely popular for a good reason — it’s one of the easiest platforms to use, even if you’re a beginner. And their award-winning customer support can help you maneuver their more advanced features. The one big downside with this service, however, is their higher-than-average price tag.
Want to see how Constant Contact stacks up against the competition? Check out our email marketing services comparison to see if they made our top 3 this year. You’ll see the pros and cons for each provider as well as their key features. We’ve even made a comparison table to help you see the key differences side by side.
If you are new to email marketing and would like to learn more, check out our comprehensive email marketing guide.
Are you new to email marketing or thinking about switching providers?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.