To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
GetResponse is an easy, user-friendly program to create and manage your email marketing. All of its features, from creating top quality emails to tracking and reporting campaigns, are surprisingly simple to use and understand.
GetResponse is one of the best overall services for your money. Many features that other email marketing services charge extra for are included in GetResponse’s monthly pricing.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Price (With Promo Code)
- Customer Feedback
- Interview With GetResponse Founder Simon Grabowski
- Creating A Landing Page Doesn’t Have To Be Hard (Video)
- Is Email Marketing Effective?
- Is GetResponse Right For You?
- Award-winning customer support is available via email and 24/7 live chat
- Time Travel sends your email at the optimal local time to maximize open rate
- Creating a newsletter is incredibly intuitive with Email Creator; advanced users have access to a full HTML editor
- List Booster allows you to import email addresses 16 ways
- Social sharing & analytics with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- Integrates with 100+ apps/software, including PayPal, Google Analytics & more
- Built-in statistics tracking service
- 1,000+ free iStock photos
- Free survey feature
- QR code generator
- No phone support
- Once you have uploaded images to their database, it might prove difficult to find the imported images to actually use them
- Email design customization is limited compared to other services
- Must pay extra for dedicated IP address
- List segmentation is limited
- No free plan
- Multimedia Center: create audio and video files
- Email Intelligence & enhanced reporting features
- Spam Assassin is integrated into message editor
- RSS to email
- Inbox preview
- Landing Page Creator
- iPhone and Android app
One of the best things about GetResponse? The multitude of features it provides at no additional charge. Some of its best and most popular are:
- List Booster: with one click you can import contacts from Gmail, Magento, Salesforce and Highrise
- Social sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- App Center: you can interconnect with 100+ apps/software, including PayPal, Google Analytics, Joomla, Salesforce, Shopify and more
- Multimedia Center: create audio and video files
- Email Intelligence: reporting on time of day/day of week metrics, automated report delivery, statistics on autoresponder, social sharing, bounce rate and unsubscribes
- Split A/B testing
- Advanced segmentation
- API developer program
- Free online surveys
- Free List Building Program (just need a free trial): to help boost your list and up your marketing to a new level
- Responsive email design
- Landing page creator
GetResponse’s fees are on a per-month, per-contact pricing scale and there is no contract to sign or cancellation penalty. All include an unlimited number of emails. If you’re looking for longer-term use, you can save some substantial money with its annual 18% discount or 30% discount for two-years (prices below don’t reflect this discount, and you must pay ahead of time).
In addition to the plans below, GetResponse also offers an Enterprise-level plan for 100,000+ employees, but you must contact them for pricing.
GetResponse gives nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organizations a 50% off “forever” discount on all of its pricing.
GetResponse has a 30-day free trial (no credit card required).
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month for Basic||Price Per Month for Plus||Price Per Month for Professional|
|Up To 1,000||$15||$49||$99|
|Up To 2,500||$25||$59||$119|
|Up To 5,000||$45||$79||$139|
|Up To 10,000||$65||$95||$165|
|Up To 25,000||$145||$179||$255|
|Up To 50,000||$250||$299||$370|
|Up To 100,000||$450||$499||$580|
|100,000+||Contact for pricing||Contact for pricing||Contact for pricing|
See what real users have to say about their experiences with GetResponse. We’ve collected customer reviews from around the web to help you make the best decision about whether GetResponse is right for you.
The ease of use, the amazing and professional looking templates and the overall ease of use of GetResponse. I love GetResponse in all senses, therefore I do not have any negative comments regarding dislikes. If you want marketing software that ticks almost all blocks on your marketing needs list…GetResponse is the way to go! My email marketing campaigns are done with GetResponse and they have never looked better! – Administrator, G2Crowd 2/20/2018
In my job, we implement a lot of different Email and Online Marketing platforms we inherit a lot of what people are already using. We’re always a pleasantly surprised when a client already has GetResponse in place. GetResponse makes marketing email easy while giving you powerful automation tools to move people through your funnel. – Nicholas D., Site Jabber 1/31/2018
GetResponse does not integrate to as many solutions as Mailchimp. There are obviously work arounds but it is a downside that it does not easily integrate. – Consultant in Marketing and Advertising, G2 Crowd 1/28/2018
I liked the email services, but the compliance team are aggressive technocrats who relentless deny any responsibility, spewing tech jargon to their customers to deflect blame – and they will delete your lists. They claim to not remove active emails, but they deleted whole lists – one with a lot of email opens. They just don’t know what they are doing when it comes to compliance for American companies. It’s a difficult process and customers should be given an opportunity to correct lists. USE AN AMERICAN COMPANY – these EU companies must be under stricter guidelines for emails. – Travis H., TrustPilot 1/26/2018
Don’t miss our exclusive interview with GetResponse Founder Simon Grabowski as we ask him questions about himself, the company, how he got started, and his thoughts on the future of email marketing.
GetResponse has added a feature called Landing Page Creator. It’s intuitive and easy to use, no tech experience is required. See for yourself.
Wondering if email marketing is really worth your time? If done right, email marketing can be extremely beneficial for your company. Just check out these stats:
- An estimated 269 billion emails were sent and received every day in 20171
- More than 90% of adults in the US use email2
- Average deliverability rate in 2016 was 98%3
Choosing an email marketing service can be difficult because of the sheer number of companies available. GetResponse is undoubtedly one of the better services regarding price. Pricing for all of the services offered by GetResponse is competitive, and compared to the service options provided, GetResponse comes in ahead of the competition on every feature.
Even for a small business or website owner looking to keep in touch with email subscribers, the services included in GetResponse’s email marketing packages gives you the advantage of increased profitability. Check out our email marketing comparison and see how GetResponse compares to the competition.
Tried GetResponse? How did it go?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.