To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Need high-resolution, top-notch stock photos, images or videos on a regular basis but don’t want to spend a fortune? Thanks to Depositphotos and its talented contributors from all over the globe, you can find the visual you need to help tell the story of your business without looking cheesy or unoriginal.
Learn more about Depositphotos’ wide-range of photography, visual images and videos in our in-depth Depositphotos review that includes a company overview, pricing, pros and cons, and more.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Price (And Coupon)
- Customer Reviews
- Take A Virtual Trip (Video)
- How Does Depositphotos Compare?
Launched in 2009 by Dmitry Sergeev, Depositphoto grew to one million files in just a few short months. Shortly after they added editorial images and videos to the database making it a major player in the stock photo industry in a relatively short period.
In addition to its large selection of media, Depositphoto also provides great customer services offering 24/7 support in 20 languages in offices located throughout the world in New York, Milan, Kiev, Moscow and Warsaw.
- Affordable pricing
- Phone support and live chat 24/7
- Create a free account no credit card required
- A+ BBB rating with high customer satisfaction
- Unused downloads transfer to next month (with Flexible Plan)
- One price regardless of resolution and size for photos and images
- Some complaints that it’s difficult to cancel the monthly subscription service
- Millions of high-quality royalty-free stock photos, high-definition footage and vector images
- Phone support in every major language available anytime
- Sort photos by best match, most popular or newest and view in thumbnail or larger sizes
- Advanced search features include excluding keywords, photo orientation (horizontal vs. vertical), contributor demographics and more
- Save favorite photos to folders and organize to view and purchase later
- Available on iOS and Google Play store to search, view and manage your library on the go
- Blog with photo tutorials, inspiration and tips
Depositphotos’ pricing is highly competitive and the cost per image depends on how many you need and how frequently. If you plan to use often, then it has a few subscription plans to choose from.
However, if you opt not to subscribe, you can buy credits in smaller quantities at a higher price per image.
Annual Subscription Discount
All subscription plans have a discount if you sign up for a full year, so this is something to consider if you plan to use it for an extended period.
Photos & Vectors Pricing
Subscription (Use it or lose it)
- 30 images: $29/month ($0.97 per image) or $299/year
- 75 images: $69/month ($0.96 per image) or $699/year
- 150 images: $99/month ($0.66 per image) or $999/year
- 750 images: $199/month ($0.26 per image) or $1,999/year
Flexible Subscription Plan (Unused downloads transfer to the next month)
- 30 images: $29/month ($0.96 per image) or $299/year
- Additional images are $1 each
On Demand (Pay as you go, must use credits within a year from purchase)
- 10 images: $49 ($4.60 per image)
- 25 images: $99 ($3.96 per image)
- 50 images: $179 ($3.58 per image)
- 100 images: $299 ($2.99 per image)
For video, there are no subscription plans offered and the cost varies depending on the size, quality and quantity you need.
Wondering what others have to say about Depositphotos? Here are a few positive and negative comments we found from those with first-hand experience with the site.
Positive Depositphotos Reviews
Depositphotos It has been very convenient for me, not only does it have a wide variety of photos from many categories, it also offers a very good quality, I also like that these photos or images have a very low cost, it is a platform that you can access from Any device and its interface is friendly, this photo bank has a very easy registration process, it also has a perfect photo or image quality selection system for those who want to pay more for better image quality. – Ignacio G., G2 Crowd 9/25/2019
I reviewed many different stock photo sites. I chose this one because of the quality/price ratio. I’ve also found it simple to navigate and the convenient pricing/subscription options make it perfect. Purchase what you need, start and stop subscriptions easily. Thumbs up DepositPhotos! – Mark H., SiteJabber 2/17/2019
Negative Depositphotos Reviews
According to me, they should have a separate category for clipart. It is because we all use it for illustrations, presentations purposes and this clipart are the best way to explain the complex concepts easily with just a clipart. The clipart is very small in size so you can select one without fearing of size and use it for presentations. – Sumant L., G2 Crowd 7/31/2018
I love DepositPhotos’ prices, but I would like more racial diversity in the photos. There are a lot of Caucasians. Also, the fact that you can sort by race and there are only four options is disappointing. And when I choose ‘Asian,’ for example, a bunch of white people come up. – Anastasia D., SiteJabber 3/13/2019
Watch this one minute video to see a montage of shots from Europe using a sampling of beautiful video clips from Depositphoto’s library. From time-lapses to aerial drone shots, action and landscapes. You could make an entire feature film using its stunning stock footage.
A stock photo site can help take the burden of image licensing and the expense of custom photography off your back so you can focus on your marketing campaigns, be that a brochure, social media or an ad campaign. You have lots of options to pick from when it comes to stock photos (and stock video).
See how Depositphotos stacks up vs the competition in our stock photo site comparison. Once you’ve decided on a provider, head on over to our photo editing software comparison so you can customize your stock photos to your liking.
You think Depositphotos will meet your needs or will you look elsewhere?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.