To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Has your small business grown out of its current phone system? Are you looking to save time and money? Cloud-based VoIP services are a great place to turn. But as with any service, they’re not all cut from quality cloth. eVoice has been around since 1995 and claims to help you create the look of a well-run, efficient business for your customer base and your competition.
They also sport a comprehensive feature set. But how do they compare to the competition, and are they the best value? Our review dives in to find out.
- Pros & Cons
- What Is VoIP?
- Key Features
- Customer Reviews
- Benefits Of Having A Toll Free Number (Video)
- How Does eVoice Compare?
- Low base price
- Mobile app for iPhone and Android
- 30-day free trial
- No contracts
- Conference calling and sequential ringing to allow calls to be forwarded to multiple phones
- Click to Call Widget
- If you use more minutes than you’re allotted you must pay 3.9¢ for each additional minute
- International calling is a hefty $29.95/number each month
- Outbound faxing is an added monthly fee
- Not meant for big business
- Several user complaints about poor customer service that’s very difficult to reach
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) is a type of phone service that delivers your calls through the Internet rather than through your local phone company. VoIP services offer all the basic features you find with traditional phone systems, including voicemail, fax, caller ID, call forwarding and more. Some VoIP services cater to individual consumers; others, like eVoice, provide a host of features geared toward businesses — advanced call routing, customizable greetings and menu options for your callers, large-scale teleconferencing, web conferencing and more.
- eVoice Auto Attendant: customize a professionally recorded greeting and add custom menu options with multiple extensions
- Flexible call routing: set routing for specific callers, times of day, to home, office or mobile (or all three simultaneously, if you prefer)
- Audio Conferencing: schedule and conduct teleconference calls for up to 94 people
- Web and Video Conferencing (upgrade required): full audio and desktop application sharing for up to 2,000 participants
- Voicemail to Email: transcribes voicemail into text or audio files that you can have sent to your inbox
- Toll free or local number (you can get a Vanity number for an added fee)
- Click to Call Widget: add a widget to your website, email, blog, banner ads, etc. so your customers can simply click the widget and be connected to your business
eVoice offers a 30-day free trial. All plans include unlimited extensions, and you can save off the following pricing if you pay annually.
Lite Plan: $12.99/month, 2 users, 300 minutes, 6 numbers
Standard Plans include inbound faxing:
- $29.99/month: 5 users, 1,000 minutes, 15 numbers
- $49.99/month: 10 users, 2,000 minutes, 30 numbers
- $79.99/month: 15 users, 4,000 minutes, 45 numbers
As part of our comprehensive reviews that we do with every product and service, we research the web to find what actual consumers are saying about the things we review. Here’s a sampling of what we’ve found for e Voice.
I liked E voice preferably because it is easy to use, and calls can be routed anywhere you choose, even multiple numbers at once. It gives several voice mail options…I confidently recommend this product to business folks for it is available at various price points and has valuable features you could not resist – Internal Consultant, G2 Crowd, 7/1/2019
Having my calls follow me everywhere is a big plus. When someone calls in, the phone rings on up to three numbers, sequentially or simultaneously, so I never miss a call. I love the ability to return a call through the eVoice app on my cell phone and have my business phone number appear as the caller id. I like that you are able to choose a toll-free or a local number. Voicemail messages are transcribed and sent via email, and you can return a call with one click! – Stephanie M., Capterra 1/16/2017
Their customer support is horrible. I have been trying to cancel my account for the past few weeks and it is impossible. A few weeks ago I contacted customer support and the agent told me they canceled my account. Then a week or so later they tried to charge me for the next month! Luckily I did not have enough in that account at the time. They keep sending me emails telling me to update my payment information. They took over a month to respond to an email I sent them about canceling my account. It is extremely frustrating and I would 100% not recommend eVoice to anyone because of this. – Abigail W., GetVoIP 6/11/2019
Product doesn’t work, and once you sign up they did not let me cancel. I had to call my credi card company to dispute the charges. Save yourself the aggravation and stay away from evoice.com. – Alex S., Sitejabber 10/23/2017
The following video illustrates the benefits of having a toll free number and how eVoice can boost your small business.
eVoice has grown steadily as a popular alternative to traditional business phone systems since it was developed in 1995. And with more and more services adopting mobile applications, VoIP is more popular than ever. It would truly serve any business well to invest in an online phone system.
If you’re still using an outdated landline service, or are unhappy with your current system, check our VoIP service comparison to view all of the virtual phone providers in a head-to-head showdown, with pros, cons, user reviews and more.
Are you still on a landline or are you looking to switch from an existing VoIP provider?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.