To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Search = verb. to explore or examine in order to discover.
Why search? A recent study by Doug Hay & Sally Falkow, social media experts, show us why:
- Over 80% of all web traffic comes from search engines.
- 85% of Internet users research products and services online before they buy.
- 80% of ecommerce goes to the first three search results.
You might think, okay, but how many people actually use the Internet?
- 88% of economically active Americans are online every day.
- 77% get their news online through Google or Yahoo news.
- 99% of reporters start their research for a story on the Internet.
What Is SEO?
SEO is short for Search Engine Optimization. It originally meant optimizing the internal structure of your website so search engines would understand and index your content more readily. Today, it’s an umbrella term that includes content marketing and link building efforts used to increase your rankings in the SERPs (Search Engine Results Pages – or what you see when you type a search into a search engine’s search box).