To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Want your emails to look professionally designed? You may want to consider Campaign Monitor. With so many email marketing service providers on the market, it’s hard to know which one is best for your needs. Here we’ll help you see if Campaign Monitor is the right fit for your marketing campaign.
- Key Features, Pros & Cons
- Campaign Monitor Price
- Customer Feedback
- How To Create Engaging Emails
- How Does Campaign Monitor Compare?
- Customer support is available 24/7 via email for all users
- Easy drag-and-drop email builder with hundreds of templates
- Personalized email content beyond subscriber’s name
- Built-in signup forms for your website
- Screenshot gallery of their 100 best email client designs with expert commentary
- 250+ integrations, including Google Analytics
- API integration with your CMS, blog, or other third-party software
- Advanced real-time analytics
- No Campaign Monitor branding, logos, watermarks or links in emails
- 10% discount for creative agencies to partner with their services and 15% discount for nonprofits
- No live chat customer support and phone support only available to Premier and Advanced plans
- Limited training resources, tutorials
- Extra cost for unlimited email sends per month
- Additional cost for spam testing with Basic plan and per-campaign payment options
- No internal survey or event marketing support
- Social sharing with Facebook and Twitter
- Integrations with Salesforce, Shopify, WordPress, Magento, Google Analytics & Wistia
- RSS to email feature
- Worldview feature displays on a world map (in real-time), who, where and when subscribers are opening your emails, clicking links, forwarding to their friends, and sharing on social media
- ROI reporting
- Mobile app (Monitor)
- A/B split testing
- Re-brandable interfaces
- Extensive subscriber management and list segmentation
- Professionals can re-sell services through unique partnership opportunity
With Campaign Monitor, you have the option of paying per month or by campaign. The pay-by-campaign option is 1¢ per subscriber, plus $5 per campaign. So, if you send to 1,000 subscribers, you’ll pay $15 for the one-time send.
The pay-per-month option is based on your number of contacts, and for the Basic plan also the number of emails you send each month. The Unlimited plan is true to its name, allowing you unlimited number of emails sent each month, based on your number of contacts.
|Call or request quote online|
|Call or request quote online|
|Call or request quote online||Call or request quote online||Call or request quote online||Call or request quote online|
*Premier plan features
- Unlimited plan features
- Advanced link tracking
- Template management for teams
- Email design consultant
- Customer Success Manager
**Unlimited plan features
- Unlimited number of emails you can send
- Unlimited spam testing
- Unlimited inbox previews
- Advanced marketing automation
***Advanced plan features
- Advanced segmentation
- Activity-triggered journeys
- 1:1 email content
- Behavioral customer data
Read what some customers have to say about their experiences with Campaign Monitor. Reviews vary on customer service and navigation.
You find tha [stet] the templates offered are both neat and can be customized. The design works well and the price is quite affordable…Through the platform we have been able to successfully and effectively conduct our campaigns and stay on top of things. – Atefeh Y., G2 Crowd 2/16/18
Campaign Monitor has nearly all of the puzzle pieces needed for email marketing campaigns, including attractive templates, custom autoresponders, and detailed analytics. It’s also very easy to use, which is particularly important here since you can’t reach live support directly. – Juan M., PC Mag 1/16/2018
Support is hard to get in touch with when there is a technical issue. It has at times taken days for them to get back. – User in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, G2 Crowd 1/12/2018
We paid $299 up front for a monthly email service. After payment was rendered in full, I was told that our email lists had to be verified. This verification is not mentioned anywhere in their marketing. We couldn’t send relevant email marketing campaigns out and have lost time and revenues as a result. They stonewalled us and told us there are no refunds. Extremely poor customer service and misleading marketing. Had they been up front with their ‘requirement’ we never would have joined their platform. I wish to have our $299 refunded in full. – Anonymous on BBB, 2/8/18
In a recent survey, Adestra found that emails with the words “thank you” in the subject line have the highest above-average engagement levels. Watch this short clip to see how you can create engaging emails with the help of Campaign Monitor.
With a limited number of beginner tools and training compared to other email marketing service providers, Campaign Monitor’s niche seems to be for users already somewhat familiar with design elements. Beginners may want to seek out other options.
Want to see how Campaign Monitor stacks up against the competition? Check out our Email Marketing Companies Review. You’ll see the pros and cons for each provider as well as their key features. We’ve even made a comparison table to help you see the key differences side by side.
If you aren’t a Campaign Monitor user, which email marketing service provider do you use and why?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.