To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
If you’re new to email marketing, Campaigner may be an excellent company to start with. Don’t let the sophisticated features keep you away. Campaigner has excellent training and tutorials for beginners and easy-to-use tools to guide you through all of its features.
If you’re an experienced email marketer or are looking for a more advanced email marketing too, Campaigner is still a good option.
- Pros, Cons & Key Features
- Campaigner Price (With Promo Code)
- Customer Feedback
- A Beginner’s Guide To Email Marketing (With Video)
- How Does Campaigner Compare To Others?
- Excellent customer service reputation with little to no wait times
- Large number of customizable email newsletter templates
- A solid and flexible newsletter template editor
- Fast sending of email newsletters (a couple of minutes)
- Contact manager that lets you import your contacts from popular email providers
- Automatically removes unsubscribes and bounces
- Reports best performing links, click trends, heat maps, workflows & more
- API integration into existing data systems
- Trigger campaigns based on specific dates, times, events, form submissions, etc.
- SMTP Relay ensures transactional emails get delivered to customers’ inboxes
- Advanced features can get costly
- Must pay extra for dynamic content in emails
- No internal support for surveys or event marketing features
- Spam checking is very limited; no spam score tool
- Doesn’t offer nearly as many app/software integration choices as other top services
- Must have a plan that allows more than 25,000 contacts to remove Campaigner logo from emails
- No Android app
- Credit card required for free trial
- Automated opt in/opt out
- Provides high volume contact options for larger businesses
- Excellent resource center with video tutorials, webinars and email marketing-how-to brochures
- RSS feed integration
- Customer service 24/7
- List segmentation and management
- Social media integration with Facebook and Twitter
- ROI reporting
- Mobile app (iOS devices only)
- A/B split testing
- Image hosting
Contactology Is Now Campaigner
Campaigner acquired Contactology in 2014. This was j2 Global’s first acquisition in the email marketing field since it first purchased Campaigner in 2010. j2 Global migrated Contactology customers to Campaigner.
Pricing for Campaigner is on a per month basis, based on your number of contacts. All of these plans allow for an unlimited number of emails sent. Campaigner offers a 30-day free trial.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month|
|Over 100,000||Call or request a quote online|
** With the purchase of these higher end plans, you get some of Campaigner’s more advanced features included in the price: Custom footer, 1GB CDN media hosting, suppressor list, projects and more.
† And with the purchase of the “Up to 100,000” monthly plan you get even more features: Workflows, APIs, static segment sampling, dynamic content, 3rd party Ad content, delivery support and more.
Campaigner occasionally has seasonal coupon codes, visit our dedicated Campaigner coupon page.
One of Campaigner’s major strengths is its 24/7 customer support, which won the industry’s 2017 silver award for customer service team of the year and customer service department of the year. Despite their accolades, some customers have less than stellar experiences with Campaigner’s customer service while others have a great experience with Campaigner. Here are just a few of the user reviews we’ve gathered.
Campaigner was the only service that provided the personalization/segmentation tools that we needed. The platform has allowed us to effectively segment and regularly distribute high volume emails in a timely fashion, with click-through and response rates that are undoubtedly higher than the industry average. We have seen unparalleled growth in our email distribution list, growing from 1 million to 7 million + active users in just three years. Email marketing used to be a chore for us in the past, but since using Campaigner we no longer feel like our email marketing programs another boring tasks to check off our to-do list. Our team now enjoys building the email campaigns and are excited to see the reports once they roll in. We are excited to continue to see what Campaigner can do for our business! – User, G2Crowd 2/2/2018
We use Campaigner as a 3rd party application that our clients can use to send newsletters. We have a white label account that we’ve skinned with our logo and color scheme. Not all of our clients use it, as it is a paid feature. It addresses the need for those of our clients who need to send newsletters and eblasts to be able to do so. – Trust Radius 3/14/2017
Overall it was difficult to find reviews for Campaigner online, it doesn’t have much of an online presence from consumers. We try to only share recent reviews (within the past 12 to 18 months) because we know companies can change and don’t want to share outdated reviews that may be inaccurate today. Below is the one recent review we could find for Campaigner.
It is difficult to use. I have a hard time with the themes. The drag and click feature is not affective. It takes a few tries to get the material into the right position. Images need to be confined to an extremely small space, and often times, it sends out grainy photos.The text can only be two sizes, headlines, and body text. For quick and effective emails, this is not the greatest program.- Danielle N., G2Crowd 1/25/2018
Don’t know how or where to start with your email marketing? Campaigner gives you the tools you need to jump-start your email marketing campaign. This is one of Campaigner’s 35+ video tutorials at your disposal, covering everything from the most basic to its most advanced features.
Want to see how Campaigner stacks up against the competition? Check out our Email Marketing Software Review. You’ll look at the pros and cons for each provider as well as key features. We’ve even made a comparison table to help you see the fundamental differences side by side.
What do you love or hate about Campaigner?