To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Frustrated with the open rate for your email newsletters? Maybe Constant Contact can help. With a large number of email marketing services available today, how are you supposed to decide which one is right for you? Our Constant Contact Review will help you determine if they’re the provider you are looking for.
- Pros, Cons & Key Features
- Custom Services
- User Feedback
- How To Increase Email Open Rates
- What Other Email Marketing Services Are There?
Constant Contact Review
- Phone and live chat support available late at night during the week
- 400+ email newsletter templates
- Create your own designs with the HTML editor
- Event and survey features
- 370+ apps/integrations, including Google Analytics
- Track your campaigns in real time to see what works and what doesn’t
- Discounts for nonprofits and pre-pay accounts
- 30-day money back guarantee
- No phone or live chat support on weekends
- Charges extra for additional features that competitors include at no extra cost (if you have fewer than 10,000 contacts)
- Must upgrade to Plus Plan for more than one user
- Users say the interface is clunky and outdated
- Hard to cancel your subscription
- No trigger messaging
- No unlimited image storage
- Have been in business since 1996
- 97% email deliverability rate
- InfoTransfer – Import information from ACT!, Salesforce.com and Quickbooks.
- Toolkit – Brings together email, social, mobile and web so you can drive repeat customers and reach new ones.
- Social sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube and Snapchat
- QuickImport – Import contacts from Gmail, MS Outlook, Facebook and Outlook Express. Upload 100 individual email addresses at a time.
- Apps & Integration – Connect marketing endeavors and small business tools to achieve greater marketing reach.
Pricing for Constant Contact is on a per month basis. You can pay for 6 months or 12 months at a time to receive a discount, and if you’re just starting out we suggest trying a 60-day free trial with them.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month|
Constant Contact also offers an email marketing service called Email Plus. It includes email automation, online surveys, events management, online donations and more.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month|
If you need help getting started with your email marketing campaign or just don’t have the time to launch it yourself, Constant Contact offers services to help to design and build for $599.
Some users have had a great experience with Constant Contact, while others have had the opposite. Depending on your needs and budget, Constant Contact may be a great fit for you or there may be a better option for you. See what real customers experienced while using Constant Contact.
Constant contact is easy for users who are both familiar and unfamiliar with the program. There are tons of tutorials and it’s a great program for marketing and automation. – User in Non-Profit Organization Management, G2 Crowd 2/27/2018
Constant Contact is the best of the best! Easy to use and easy to integrate with many other software options in the marketplace, this is a great tool for someone looking to take advantage of email marketing campaigns. – Nikkii K., TrustRadius 2/7/2018
Customization options are limited. It’s difficult to customize to your branding with limited font options, while the templates look a bit dated and clunky. It’s good enough for getting by, but if you’re looking to communicate your brand sleeky and with your own fonts, I wouldn’t recommend. – User in writing, G2 Crowd, 03/08/2018
Constant Contact’s user-friendly platform makes it very easy for anyone to use in the organization. It is a very quick and easy tool to pick up when you need to send out a newsletter with beautiful design. When you need to communicate something very important, it may not be the best tool since its email pretty much always ends up in the spam folder – Emily S., TrustRadius 2/7/2018
According to a recent HubSpot survey, 11 AM EST has the highest click-through rate (open rate) than any other time of day. Not happy with your open rate? Here are some tips from Constant Contact on how you can increase your email newsletter’s open rate.
Want to see how Constant Contact stacks up against the competition? Check out our Email Marketing Services Comparison to see if they made our top three this year. You’ll see the pros and cons for each provider as well as their key features. We’ve even made a comparison table to help you see the key differences side by side.
If you are new to email marketing and would like to learn more, check out this guide.
Are you new to email marketing or thinking about switching providers?