How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links — the cost is the same to you, but we get a referral fee. Compensation does not affect rankings. Thanks!
When it comes to choosing an email marketing service, where do you start? It’s tough for companies to separate themselves from the pack, but iContact seems to have done just that with their exceptional premier services. You pay extra for a personal advisor to make sure you’re on top of your email marketing game, so iContact’s major strength is probably best for larger volume senders and mid-size businesses. We’ve compiled a review of iContact’s, our #3 pick for Best Email Marketing Service Provider, key services, ease of use, pros and cons and pricing to help you decide if it’s the right company for you.
- Message Builder – easy drag and drop features in WYSIWYG templates
- Message Coder – for users who like to get their hands dirty with html code
- Subscriber and list management
- List segmentation
- Social media sharing with Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Google+ (Premier only)
- Multiple message and social media analytics and real-time tracking tools
- Spam checking
- Split A/B testing (Premier only)
- Google Analytics integration (Premier only)
- Advanced list management, segmentation and ROI reporting (Premier only)
iContact’s premier services include all of their basic features plus some additional bells and whistles targeted for larger volume and more advanced needs. It’s unclear how much more you’ll pay for these services, since you’re required to contact customer service for pricing.
- Advisory Services: A dedicated strategic advisor researches your competitors and industry, sets you up with a marketing plan and educational resources, and digs deep into your message analytics to boost your business’s ROI.
- Large Sender Services: iContact gives you what you need to reach a larger audience, including a reliable sending infrastructure, support from a strategic advisor, comprehensive tracking, custom reports, advanced segmentation, and more.
- Design Services: iContact designers assist your design needs. You get access to footers, sign-up forms, subscription pages and more. Quick message services get iContact professionals to send emails for you whenever you are running short on time.
iContact fees are very competitive compared to other providers. Their pricing is based on number of contacts per month, and you can pay monthly — no long-term contract is required. But you do receive a 15% discount on monthly pricing if you purchase their annual plan. They also provide a 20% discount for nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organizations (outside of N.C.). For Premier services pricing, you have to call iContact.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month for Email Marketing||Price Per Month for Pro Automation|
|15,000+||Call or request a quote online||Call or request a quote online|
Coupon CodeiContact occassionally has seasonal coupon codes, visit our dedicated iContact coupon page.
Is iContact Good?
Customer reviews we’ve compiled from the web are mixed. See what several real users have to say about their experiences with iContact.
I really enjoy working with iContact. It is so easy to use, and I can quickly assist our customers with their newsletter subscription questions by easily pulling up their account in iContact and checking their account status. I also really appreciate iContact’s wonderful support team– they have always been prompt and extremely helpful! – Amanda C., G2 Crowd 1/20/2016
We used iContact as our default email marketing system. It was used primarily by the marketing department, but service would also use it to communicate to our database. Segmentation of our contact list 20K+ contacts, was easy to manage. The email editor was easy to use and customizable. – Anonymous, Trust Radius 7/7/2015
They won’t let you cancel. You can’t change your plan online. You can’t remove your credit card. You can’t cancel online. You can’t cancel by chatting with their agents. They don’t respond to email. They say that you can cancel on the phone, but they never answer. – Anonymous, G2 Crowd 6/8/2015
There are many similar email services to consider, and after my recent experience, I feel robbed by iContact and cannot recommend them to colleagues. – Peggy L., Trust Radius 2/3/2015
What’s Split A/B All About?
If you’re just starting out with email marketing or wondering what split A/B testing involves, iContact demonstrates the basics for you. And Amazon’s Developer Console has a great nuts and bolts explanation of just how A/B testing works.
Is iContact the Email Marketing Service For You?
What really sets iContact apart is their premier services. Very few services offer personal advisors who are dedicated not only to helping create a marketing plan, but who also are also dedicated to troubleshooting problems. iContact was among Deloitte’s Fast 500 up-and-coming companies back in 2011, but they don’t seem to be growing at the same rate these days. Still, it’s worth checking out iContact’s 30-day free trial our Email Marketing Services Reviews and see how iContact compares to the competition.
Have you used iContact?