To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
It’s tough for email marketing companies to separate themselves from the pack, but iContact seems to have done just that with its exceptional premier services. You pay extra for a personal advisor to make sure you’re on top of your email marketing game, so iContact’s major strength is probably best for larger volume senders and mid-size businesses.
- Pros, Cons & Key Features
- iContact Price (With Promo Code)
- Customer Feedback
- What Is Split A/B Testing? (With Video)
- Should You Get iContact?
- Good advising support with premier level
- Competitive pricing
- Offers flexible options for subscriber sign-up forms
- HTML editor for email newsletter templates
- Seamless integration with Salesforce for stronger CRM programs
- List segmentation by demographics, interests, and subscriber behaviors
- Supports 5mb for online image storage
- Developer portal and API
- Comprehensive contact manager with bounceback handling & history reports
- 97% delivery success rate
- No weekend customer support
- We’ve heard reports that their support system is not nearly as good as the competition (i.e., inexperienced support staff, long wait times, etc.)
- Support community appears to be more of a “content blog” where people can post content on various topics completely unrelated to email marketing
- RSS to email is limited and hard to use
- Integration of software/apps is fairly limited
- Spam checking
- Data tracking, see who opens, clicks, and unsubscribes from your emails
- Social media management tools
- Split A/B testing
- iPhone and Android mobile apps
- No credit card required for free trial
- Message Builder – easy drag and drop features in WYSIWYG templates
- Message Coder – for users who like to get their hands dirty with HTML code
- Subscriber and list management
- List segmentation
- Social media sharing on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Multiple message and social media analytics and real-time tracking tools
- Spam checking
- Split A/B testing
- Advanced segmentation
iContact’s premier services include all of their basic features plus some additional bells and whistles targeted for larger volume and more advanced needs. It’s unclear how much more you’ll pay for these services since you’re required to contact customer service for pricing.
- Advisory Services: A dedicated strategic advisor researches your competitors and industry, sets you up with a marketing plan and educational resources, and digs deep into your message analytics to boost your business’s ROI.
- Large Sender Services: iContact gives you what you need to reach a broader audience, including a reliable sending infrastructure, support from a strategic advisor, comprehensive tracking, custom reports, advanced segmentation, and more.
- Custom Design Services: iContact designers assist your design needs. You get access to footers, sign-up forms, subscription pages and more. Quick message services get iContact professionals to send emails for you whenever you are running short on time.
iContact fees are very competitive compared to other providers. Its pricing is based on the number of contacts per month, and you can pay monthly — no long-term contract is required. You receive a 15% discount on monthly pricing if you purchase the annual plan. It also provides a 20% discount for nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organizations (free account for North Carolina based nonprofits).
iContact has a 30-day free trial.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month for Essential||Price Per Month for Professional|
|15,000-25,000||$149||Call or request a quote online|
|25,001+||Call or request a quote online||Call or request a quote online|
iContact Coupon Code
iContact occasionally has seasonal coupon codes, visit our dedicated iContact coupon page
Overall it was difficult to find recent reviews for iContact online, it doesn’t have much of an online presence from consumers. We try to only share recent reviews (within the past 12 to 18 months) because we know companies can change and don’t want to share outdated reviews that may be inaccurate today. Below is the one recent positive and negative review we could find for iContact.
Super easy to use, intuitive tools, layout, etc. #1 probably the ability to do live chats with tech folks. Helps solve problems in minutes! I have recommended this product to others, who have joined our team, as well as other business owners outside of the agency. It’s super easy to use and the availability to chat live (immediately) with customer service is a super service. You can’t beat the customer service! – Doug V., G2Crowd 1/9/2018
The new system can be a bit clunky. I know they’re still ironing out some kinks in the new system but for now some things are annoying and buggy. But at least we’re able to send. I also wish you could batch delete your lists you create as well. – William W., G2Crowd 12/15/2017
If you’re wondering what split A/B testing involves, iContact demonstrates the basics for you. If you want to learn more, Amazon’s Developer Console has a great nuts and bolts explanation of just how A/B testing works.
What sets iContact apart is their premier services. Very few services offer personal advisors who are dedicated not only to helping create a marketing plan but are also committed to troubleshooting problems. iContact was among Deloitte’s Fast 500 up-and-coming companies back in 2011, but they don’t seem to be growing at the same rate these days. Still, it’s worth checking out how iContact compares in our Email Marketing Services Reviews.
Have you used iContact?