To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Campaigner is one of the original email marketing services that’s still a popular option due its competitive pricing. It boasts a lot of features for beginners and advanced users alike. But with such intense competition, especially with newer services offering the latest technology and tools, how does Campaigner rate this year?
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Price (With Promo Code)
- Customer Feedback
- A Beginner’s Guide To Email Marketing (Video)
- How Does Campaigner Compare To Others?
- Excellent customer service reputation with little to no wait times
- A solid and flexible newsletter template editor
- Fast sending of email newsletters (a couple of minutes)
- Contact manager that lets you import your contacts from popular email providers
- Automatically removes unsubscribes and bounces
- Reports best performing links, click trends, heat maps, workflows & more
- API integration into existing data systems
- SMTP Relay ensures transactional emails get delivered to customers’ inboxes
- Automated opt in/opt out
- Provides high volume contact options for larger businesses
- Takes a learning curve and not very user friendly
- Advanced features can get costly
- Must pay extra for dynamic content in emails
- Very limited number of email templates
- No internal support for surveys or event marketing features
- Spam checking is very limited; no spam score tool
- Doesn’t offer nearly as many app/software integration choices as other top services
- Must have a plan that allows more than 25,000 contacts to remove Campaigner logo from emails
- No Android app
- Credit card required for free trial
- Customer service 24/7
- List segmentation and management
- Social media integration with Facebook and Twitter
- ROI reporting
- Mobile app (iOS devices only)
- A/B split testing
- Image hosting
- Excellent resource center with video tutorials, webinars and email marketing-how-to brochures
- RSS feed integration
Pricing for Campaigner is on a per month basis, based on your number of contacts. All of these plans allow for an unlimited number of emails sent. Campaigner offers a 30-day free trial.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month|
|Up to 1,000||$19.95|
|Up to 3,500||$29.95|
|Up to 5,000||$49.95|
|Up to 10,000||$79.95|
|Up to 15,000||$99.95|
|Up to 25,000||$149.95**|
|Up to 50,000||$299.95**|
|Up to 100,000||$549.95†|
|Over 100,000||Call or request a quote online|
** With the purchase of these higher-end plans, you get some of Campaigner’s more advanced features included in the price: Custom footer, 1GB CDN media hosting, suppressor list, projects and more.
† And with the purchase of the “Up to 100,000” monthly plan you get even more features: Workflows, APIs, static segment sampling, dynamic content, 3rd party Ad content, delivery support and more.
One of Campaigner’s major strengths is its 24/7 customer support, which won the industry’s 2017 silver award for customer service team of the year and customer service department of the year. Despite their accolades, some customers have less than stellar experiences with Campaigner’s customer service while others have a great experience with Campaigner. Here are just a couple of the user reviews we’ve gathered.
I have been using Campaigner for 6 months now, the platform can sometimes be slow but overall we have had a great experience. We have seen a spike in sales since using the service. Kudos to the customer support team! We were happy to see such a helpful and responsive support team, all inquires were met in a timely manner. Cannot wait to dive in and experiment with some of the more advanced features of Campaigner.- David R., G2Crowd 1/7/2019
I wish that the email builder allowed you to do more. It does not allow me to achieve what I want artistically so I have to design it myself and just upload a jpeg, which is not SEO friendly. – Danielle F., G2Crowd 2/13/2019
Don’t know how or where to start with your email marketing? Campaigner gives you the tools you need to jump-start your email marketing campaign. This is one of Campaigner’s 35+ video tutorials at your disposal, covering everything from the most basic to its most advanced features.
While Campaigner has been a top choice for small businesses for years, its user interface hasn’t kept up with its competitors, and customers report that the system has become buggy and slow. Also, its template editor used to be top-of-the-line, but based on user feedback, it now comes across as antiquated compared to many other services.
Want to see how Campaigner stacks up against the competition? Check out our email marketing software review. You’ll look at the pros and cons for each provider as well as key features. We’ve even made a comparison table to help you see the fundamental differences side by side.
What other email marketing services are you considering?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.