To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Choosing the right hosting or domain company for your needs can be stressful. Choosing the wrong company can not only be frustrating, but it can also put your business in jeopardy. Below we will take a look at who 1&1 is, what they offer, and how to decide whether they are right for your needs.
- Key Features
- How Do Customers Rate 1&1?
- How Can 1&1 Benefit My Business (Video)?
- Is 1&1 Right For Me?
- 1&1 Domain is one of the top players and one of the largest domain registration companies. 1&1 offers domain name registration and domain transfer services in addition to a smartphone app that can be used to manage domains. Their domains are solid and reliable. We picked them as one of the best in our domain registrar comparison.
- 1&1 Hosting is dedicated to green web hosting. Overall, the data centers used by 1&1 are some of the most energy-efficient centers around the globe, resulting in the prevention of around 30,000 tons of CO2 emissions every year (in 2014 there were 35.9 gigatonnes of CO2 emissions). To learn more about the best hosting providers, check out our large hosting reviews comparison.
- 1&1 Webmail can be used to check your 1&1 email account associated with your domain name or website. The 1and1 webmail client allows you to access your email from any browser. Or, you can integrate with Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, or your favorite email client. Additionally, 1&1 offers smartphone apps to allow users to control their email via their smartphone.
You’ll notice we mention “renewal pricing” – this is because most registrars offer deals for the first year of domain registration, which is not reflective of the annual renewal price you’ll be paying over the years.
- Renewal Price for .com Domain Registration – $14.99
- Web Hosting – Basic $7.99/month, Unlimited Plus $9.99/month, Unlimited Pro $14.99/month
1&1 often has seasonal coupon codes, visit our dedicated 1&1 coupon page to see and discuss current offerings.
I could not rate them higher and I recommend using 1and1.com! Their prices are unbeatable and service is excellent with 24/7 phone support. Being a long time customer of another major company who is the leader in domains that I won’t name here but out of fairness begins with the letter G, I can say how refreshing it is not have to be gouged for exorbitant and ever increasing fees to register a new domain and have private registration. May the force be with you 1and1.com! – Jamie S., Trustpilot 4/2/2018
I love how easy the hosting is. I signed up for auto updates because I don’t have time to deal with that, so it updates my site automatically every time wordpress has an update. So far, the 1&1 portal has been easy to navigate and find what I need…This is the best price I could find for hosting a wordpress site. – Rebecca L., G2 Crowd 1/31/2018
The overall interface was clunky at best and didn’t provide modern design elements such as wix or squarespace, which are cheaper in price at that. Sometimes elements would glitch when moving them and it took me twice as long to design a site compared to doing one on Wix. Overall good for basic use and features, but if you want to look professional at all, I’d recommend another web builder. – User, G2 Crowd 4/6/2018
Terrible customer service. I have unresolved issues with my cloud server that have been long standing for over 3 months. I’ve been promised a fix, but nothing has happened. You can review the trail of exhaustive emails to the “server” team and many that have been ignored or not replied to. I have been a loyal customer for so many years and receive very terrible service. – Joe D., Trustpilot 3/24/2018
Check out this video of a 1&1 customer. 1and1 hosting helped this bakery obtain a stronger presence online. Warning: You may find yourself craving sweets after watching this video!
There are a wide range of products and services to choose from when considering 1&1. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to do a little digging and contact their customer service professionals before deciding whether this is the right company for you.
If you find that 1&1 does not have what you’re looking for, don’t fret. There are many other companies out there that offer different options and specialties, many of which we discuss in-depth in our Domain Registrar Reviews and Web Hosting Reviews articles.
Are you considering going with 1&1?