Choosing the right hosting or domain company for your needs can be stressful. Choosing the wrong company can not only be frustrating, but it can also put your business in jeopardy. Below we will take a look at who IONOS By 1&1 is, what they offer, and how to decide whether they are right for your needs.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- How Do Customers Rate IONOS By 1&1?
- How Can IONOS By 1&1 Benefit My Business (Video)?
- Is IONOS By 1&1 Right For Me?
IONOS By 1&1
- #2 in our Best Domain Registrar Comparison
- Websites are hosted in two data centers in two separate locations so your sites are backed up
- WordPress resources and an online community
- Gives advice on best domain names to choose
- Little downtime
- Great forums
- “A+” rating on BBB
- User experience is not intuitive, especially for a non-techy website builder
- Caps on disk space with all hosting plans
- In our experience, we found they are better for registering domains than web hosting
- IONOS Domain is one of the top players and one of the largest domain registration companies. IONOS offers domain name registration and domain transfer services in addition to a smartphone app that can be used to manage domains. Their domains are solid and reliable. We picked them as one of the best in our domain registrar comparison.
- IONOS Hosting is dedicated to green web hosting. Overall, the data centers used by IONOS are some of the most energy-efficient centers around the globe, resulting in the prevention of around 30,000 tons of CO2 emissions every year (in 2014 there were 35.9 gigatonnes of CO2 emissions). To learn more about the best hosting providers, check out our large hosting reviews comparison.
- IONOS Webmail can be used to check yourIONOS email account associated with your domain name or website. The IONOS webmail client allows you to access your email from any browser. Or, you can integrate with Gmail, Microsoft Outlook, or your favorite email client. Additionally, IONOS offers smartphone apps to allow users to control their email via their smartphone.
You’ll notice we mention “renewal pricing” – this is because most registrars offer deals for the first year of domain registration, which is not reflective of the annual renewal price you’ll be paying over the years.
- Renewal Price for .com Domain Registration – $15
- Shared Web Hosting – Essential $4/month, Business $8/month, Expert $14/month
- WordPress Hosting – $1/month for 6 months, then $9/month renewal
- Cloud Hosting – starts at $15/month
- Dedicated Hosting – starts at $55/month
Doing work for other clients on other Host Providers always remind me with I’ve stuck with 1&1 all these years and recommend new clients to them. Still, the easiest to use and one of the most comprehensive hosting companies ever. Great customer and hosting services. 10/10 ratings for me. – Amit R., Trustpilot 4/28/2019
Since 2011, I have had over 200 websites hosted with 1&1 and currently over 50 running live. First pricing (4 stars); for the products I use, I have found that over all 1and1 is the same or sometimes a better deal in the long run then the others. And I have looked around a lot (and still do). Many features at 1&1 have no charge but other companies do. Second customer service (5 starts); As for the sales people, I never get calls trying to up sell me…Third technical support (5 stars) ; Always been the best for any hosting company I have used…And last, sever up time (5 stars) ; since 2011 only one time the server went down. – Jim C., BBB 11/29/2018
Credibility and trust damaged! I’m extremely dissatisfied with how long it is taking to fix my domain renewal. Status has been stuck in “Update” for days on end. I’ve requested escalation and an explanation and get nothing. 1&1 IONOS is an internet company, right? This should not take this long. I do recall when service was good with this company. What happened? – M.M., BBB 1/13/2019
The second-year and beyond pricing for domain name registration jumps up quite a bit. Even though customer support can be helpful, using 1&1 to host your websites tends to require more technical knowledge compared to pre-built website platforms like Wix and Weebly. Customer support will probably not be able to help you through all malware infections, so you face more of a risk when creating websites in this type of hosting environment. – Luke B., G2 Crowd 12/28/2019
Check out this video of a IONOS By 1&1 customer. IONOS By 1&1 hosting helped this bakery obtain a stronger presence online. Warning: You may find yourself craving sweets after watching this video!
There are a wide range of products and services to choose from when considering IONOS By 1&1. If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to do a little digging and contact their customer service professionals before deciding whether this is the right company for you.
If you find that IONOS By 1&1 doesn’t have what you’re looking for, don’t fret. There are many other companies out there that offer different options and specialties, many of which we discuss in-depth in our domain registrar reviews and web hosting comparison articles.
Are you considering going with IONOS By 1&1? Let us know in the comments!Tagged With: Reviews