With its user-friendly interface and robust analytics capabilities, Clicky aims to provide valuable insights to website owners and marketers. And since Google has switched off Universal Analytics as of 7/1/2023, I’m sure plenty of website owners will be seeking an alternative. Let’s dive in and see if it lives up to its promises.
Clicky Analytics Review
Product Name: Clicky Analytics
Product Description: Clicky's privacy-friendly, real-time website analytics service provides a straightforward way to monitor, analyze, and react to your website's traffic in real time.
Clicky Analytics, while not as comprehensive as Google Analytics, provides a cost-effective alternative for the majority of website owners that is leaps and bounds easier to use than the complex GA4 platform, which Universal Analytics users were forced to adopt on 7/1/23.
Ease Of Use
- User-friendly interface
- Easy setup
- Realtime reporting
- Individual visitor tracking
- Goal and conversion tracking
- Limited free plan
- Advanced customization options, such as those present in Google’s GA4, are missing
This is the aggregate score of reader reviews we’ve received. Have a good or bad experience with Clicky Analytics? Feel free to leave your own review in the comments. Please note that only ratings with valid review content will be published and counted.
5 Key Features
- Real-time Analytics: Clicky excels in real-time data reporting, allowing you to monitor your website’s traffic, page views, and visitors in real-time. This feature enables you to track the immediate impact of changes or campaigns and make timely adjustments.
- Heatmaps: Clicky offers heatmaps that visually represent user interactions on your website. These heatmaps reveal where users are clicking, scrolling, and spending the most time, helping you optimize your website’s layout and user experience.
- Individual Visitor Tracking: Unlike many analytics services, Clicky provides detailed information about individual visitors, including their IP address, location, and browsing behavior. This level of granularity helps you better understand your audience and tailor your marketing efforts accordingly.
- Goals and Conversion Tracking: Clicky allows you to set goals and track conversions, such as form submissions, newsletter sign-ups, or purchases. By monitoring conversion rates and analyzing the customer journey, you can optimize your website’s performance and increase conversions.
- Campaign Tracking: Clicky provides a robust campaign tracking feature, allowing you to monitor the effectiveness of your marketing campaigns. You can track traffic sources, referrals, and even specific keywords, helping you allocate resources effectively and refine your marketing strategies.
Clicky is adding new features regularly as it builds out its offering. One that I found particularly interesting is the Spy feature. You can see in realtime what your visitors are up to on your site. You can see where they’re coming from, which pages they’re visiting, and more.
Clicky offers both free and premium pricing plans. The free plan includes basic features with a limitation on the number of websites you can track. Premium plans start at $9.99 per month for tracking up to 10 websites and offer additional features such as unlimited heatmaps, goals, campaigns, and more extensive data storage.
|Free||Pro||Pro Plus||Pro Platinum||Custom|
|Websites you can track||1||10||10||30||100+|
|Daily page views (total)||3,000||30,000||30,000||100,000||200,000+|
|Annual price (save 33%)||Free||$79.99/yr||$119.99/yr||$159.99/yr||$299.99+/yr|
|Segments||25% sample||100% sample||100% sample||100% sample|
|Heatmaps *||50% sample||50% sample||50% sample|
|Uptime monitoring **||5m intervals|
3 per site
3 per site
3 per site
|Remove API throttling? ***||No||No||No|
You can increase the sample size on heatmaps for plans that offer it:
- 50% sample size – included
- 67% sample size – your annual cost increases by 10%
- 80% sample size – your annual cost increases by 20%
- 90% sample size – your annual cost increases by 30%
- 100% sample size – your annual cost increases by 40%
You can decrease the uptime monitoring interval from 5ms to 1ms – your annual cost will increase 20%.
You can also increase the number of monitors per site:
- 3 per site – included
- 5 per site – your annual cost increases by 10%
- 7 per site – your annual cost increases by 20%
- 10 per site – your annual cost increases by 30%
Remove API Throttling
You have the option to remove API throttling. This will double your annual cost.
Pros of Clicky Analytics
- User-Friendly Interface: Clicky’s interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it accessible for both beginners and experienced users. The dashboard provides a clear overview of essential metrics and offers customization options to tailor the reporting to your specific needs.
- Real-Time Reporting: Clicky’s real-time analytics sets it apart from many competitors. The ability to see immediate data updates allows for quick decision-making and enables you to respond promptly to changes in user behavior or marketing campaigns.
- Individual Visitor Tracking: Clicky’s individual visitor tracking provides in-depth insights into user behavior, enabling you to personalize your marketing efforts and improve user engagement. This feature is particularly useful for e-commerce businesses and content-driven websites.
- Heatmaps and Conversion Tracking: The inclusion of heatmaps and conversion tracking features makes Clicky a valuable tool for optimizing website performance. Heatmaps offer visual representations of user interactions, while conversion tracking helps identify bottlenecks in the conversion funnel.
Cons of Clicky Analytics
- Limited Free Plan: While Clicky offers a free plan, it comes with limitations, including a cap on the number of websites you can track. If you have multiple websites or require advanced features, you will need to upgrade to a premium plan.
- Advanced Customization: While Clicky provides a good range of features, advanced customization options may be limited compared to more comprehensive analytics solutions like Google Analytics. This could be a drawback for businesses with specific tracking requirements.
Clicky vs Google Analytics
When comparing Clicky with Google Analytics, there are several key differences. While Clicky excels in real-time reporting and individual visitor tracking, Google Analytics offers a broader range of features and integrations. Google Analytics provides extensive customization options, advanced segmentation capabilities, and seamless integration with other Google products such as Google Ads and Google Tag Manager. Google Analytics also benefits from its vast user base and extensive community support, making it a popular choice for businesses of all sizes. Not to mention, Google Analytics is free.
Clicky, on the other hand, offers a more user-friendly interface and a focus on real-time analytics, making it ideal for those who value immediate data updates and individual visitor insights. The heatmaps and conversion tracking features provided by Clicky also offer valuable optimization opportunities.
While both Clicky and Google Analytics have their strengths, the choice ultimately depends on your specific needs and preferences. If real-time data, individual visitor tracking, and a simpler interface are crucial to you, Clicky may be the better option. However, if you require advanced customization, integration with other Google products, and a more comprehensive analytics solution, Google Analytics would likely be the preferred choice.
Alternative Analytics Platforms
In addition to Clicky and Google Analytics, there are other web analytics services worth considering:
- Matomo (formerly Piwik): Matomo is an open-source web analytics platform that offers similar features to Clicky and Google Analytics. It provides real-time data, individual visitor tracking, heatmaps, and conversion tracking. Matomo’s open-source nature allows for greater customization and data ownership.
- Adobe Analytics: Adobe Analytics is a robust analytics solution that caters to enterprise-level businesses. It offers advanced segmentation, powerful data visualization, and integration with other Adobe marketing tools. However, it comes at a higher price point and may be more suitable for larger organizations.
- Mixpanel: Mixpanel focuses on event-based analytics, making it well-suited for product analytics and tracking user interactions within web and mobile applications. It offers advanced segmentation, A/B testing, and cohort analysis. Mixpanel’s pricing is based on data volume, which can be a consideration for businesses with high traffic.
Is Clicky Right For Your Business?
Clicky Analytics offers a user-friendly interface, real-time reporting, and valuable features like heatmaps and individual visitor tracking. Its pricing plans cater to both free and premium users, making it accessible to businesses of various sizes. While it may not offer the same level of advanced customization as Google Analytics, Clicky’s strengths lie in its simplicity and immediate data updates. Consider your specific requirements, such as real-time data needs and individual visitor insights, when choosing between Clicky, Google Analytics, or other alternative options.
How To Unlock Keywords In Google Analytics?
Google Analytics used to show all the keywords searchers were typing in to find your site. But this changed many years ago when privacy concerns started to impact how much tracking of user searching was allowed. Today it’s gotten to the point where Analytics is primarily used for publishers to determine traffic, vs the keywords being used to locate your product or service. Don’t worry, our experts will show you a way around this limitation.
Think you’ll try Clicky or are you sticking with Google Analytics? Let us know in the comments!Tagged With: Analytics, Reviews