To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Are you a service-oriented independent contractor or small business that needs to streamline your accounting practices? FreshBooks, a popular cloud-based software, could be just what you need to make you more efficient and save money.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- What Do Customers Think?
- See FreshBooks In Action (Video)
- Our Final Verdict on FreshBooks
- Converts estimates to invoices
- Can see when customers view their invoices
- Great time tracking feature shows overages on projects
- Multi-currency support
- Award-winning customer support team
- Phone, email, blog, FAQ, tutorials support
- 30-day money back guarantee
- No full-service accounting version option to upgrade
- Payroll function only through app integration with Gusto
- No inventory tracking
- No weekend customer service hours
- Ideal for small, service-based businesses and independent contractors
- Process credit cards, even using their mobile FreshBooks app
- 75+ integrations, including live chat app, Mailchimp, Paypal, Zapier, and more
- Project budget management
- Robust API for developers
Try FreshBooks with their 30-day free trial (no credit card required). All plans include free customer service, data backup, data import and export, and credit card processing. You can save 10% off the following pricing if you pay annually.
- Lite: $15/month for 5 clients
- Plus: $25/month for 25 clients
- Premium: $50/month for 500 clients
- Select: Contact FreshBooks
- $10/month/person for additional users
There are no active FreshBooks coupon codes at this time.
See below for some of the most helpful FreshBooks consumer reviews we’ve compiled from around the web.
Holy Awesome! Proposals, invoices, projects, expenses and time tracking all in one. I run everything though Freshbooks. It is crazy how I have been able to streamline creating invoices and proposals, and its great having one place for all the other data like time tracking, instead of in being spread across other apps. – Corey, Trustpilot 6/12/2018
The invoicing and time-tracking system is seamless. I’ve never had an issue tracking time worked for a client, and then quickly generating an invoice that is clear to read, easy to use, and accepts all of the appropriate methods of payment. The user interface is easy to navigate, allows you keep track of your invoices, proposals, estimates, and clients. – Marly D., G2Crowd 2/6/2018
… in only a few weeks’ use, we’ve encountered significant bugs including an error totalling invoices on the dashboard…Bugs happen and I’d be relaxed if the issue was being addressed with urgency but the impression given is of a company taking a leisurely approach to what sounds like an extensive list of bugs. The ‘maybe some day’ response is very poor and makes FreshBooks a dubious proposition. There’s not much point in having an accounting system that can’t even add up! – David W., Trustpilot 5/7/2018
I wish that reports were somewhat more customizable, and I wish that I could access my data directly without going through an API call. Freshbooks recently lowered the limits of the number of clients I can manage and recently increased prices. It’s still quite reasonable, but all the same, I was getting more capacity for less money a few months ago. – Tom H., G2Crowd 5/1/2018
Do you own your own business but hate all the paperwork and details? Check out FreshBooks’ video to see how they can help you focus on other aspects of your business.
FreshBooks has an easy-to-use interface, a lot of great features and extremely functional mobile apps for when you’re on the go.
There are some limitations: no full accounting option or inventory support, but most of the features the software lacks is made up for with their easy integrations and customer support — all for a great price compared to many other small business accounting software options.
If you’re curious about a FreshBooks alternative, check out our Best Small Business Accounting Software reviews to see if another choice is best for your needs.
What are your experiences with accounting software?