GetResponse is an easy, user-friendly program to create and manage your email marketing. All of its features, from creating top quality emails to tracking and reporting campaigns, are surprisingly simple to use and understand. In addition to email marketing, they offer many features and marketing services at no extra cost in GetResponse’s monthly pricing. Sound too good to be true? Let’s find out.
Product Name: GetResponse
Product Description: GetResponse is an email marketing software company founded in 1997 in Poland. They were one of the first players in the industry, and have expanded their email marketing offering to include marketing automation, a website builder, conversion tools, and more.
GetResponse is one of the better services regarding price. Pricing for all of the services offered by GetResponse is competitive, and they’ve expanded their email marketing offering to include a host of other features. But not everyone thinks they’re the best as you can see from our consumer feedback.
Ease Of Use
- Time Travel sends your email at the optimal local time to maximize open rate
- Creating a newsletter is incredibly intuitive with Email Creator; advanced users have access to a full HTML editor
- Allows you to import email addresses 16 ways
- Built-in statistics tracking service
- 1,000+ free iStock photos
- Free survey feature
- QR code generator
- No phone support
- Once you have uploaded images to their database, it might prove difficult to find the imported images to actually use them
- Email design customization is limited compared to other services
- Must pay extra for dedicated IP address
- List segmentation is limited
- No free plan
- Hard to cancel
This is the aggregate score of reader reviews we’ve received. Have a good or bad experience with GetResponse? Feel free to leave your own review in the comments. Please note that only ratings with valid review content will be published and counted.
One of the best things about GetResponse? The multitude of features it provides at no additional charge. Some of its best and most popular are:
- List Booster: with one click, you can import contacts from Gmail, Magento, Salesforce, and Highrise
- Social sharing: with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and Pinterest
- App Center: you can integrate with 100+ apps/software via Zapier, including PayPal, Google Analytics, Joomla, Salesforce, Shopify, Etsy, Facebook, Amazon, and more
- Multimedia Center: library of free images to use or search Shutterstock gallery (or GIFs via Giphy)
- Email Intelligence: enhanced reporting on time of day/day of week metrics, automated report delivery, statistics on autoresponder, social sharing, bounce rate, and unsubscribed
- Inbox preview (requires upgrade) to see what email will look like before you send (free email tests)
- Responsive email design (and option to hide specific newsletter blocks – image, button text – on mobile)
- Split A/B testing to see what content or subject line performs better
- RSS to email to let subscribers get the latest blog posts via email (as soon as they publish or a weekly digest)
- Advanced segmentation: target specific subscribes based on previous actions (clicks, opens, etc)
- Spam Assassin integrated into the message editor (with issues found or suggestions)
- Forms and pop-up creator: use drag and drop editor to create sign-up boxes to embed on your website (and adjust settings on when it appears)
- E-commerce tools: connect to Shopify, Woo Commerce & more to include promo codes, abandoned carts, etc.
- Live chats: engage with people on your website via code, customize appearance, get stats, and see an archive of messages.
- List Building Program to help boost your list and up your marketing to a new level
- Landing page creator & website builder using your own domain
- Automation & Autoresponders: create workflows and messages to go out automatically to specific conditions like clicking a link, visiting a website, etc.
- Webinars: create live, recorded, or on-demand events to invite subscribers to learn (with registration confirmation emails and reminders) can password-protect and create a waiting room (for marketing and e-commerce plans)
- iPhone and Android apps to create campaigns and track results on the go
- Interactive guides, video tutorials, and plenty of resources to help you (and chat for additional support)
GetResponse’s fees are on a per-month, per-contact pricing scale, and there is no contract to sign or cancellation penalty. Below is a list of the major differences in plans. If you’re looking for longer-term use, you can save some substantial money with its annual 18% discount or 30% discount for 2 years.
|Plan||Email Marketing||Marketing Automation||Ecommerce Marketing|
|Month to month||$19||$59||$119|
|Monthly (12 months)||$15.58||$48.38||$97.58|
|Monthly (24 months)||$13.30||$41.30||$83.30|
|Lowest tier plan||1,000 contacts||1,000 contacts||1,000 contacts|
|Automation||Basic||Advanced||Advanced + Ecommerce|
|# of users, websites & chat seats||1||3||5|
|# webinar attendees||n/a||100||300|
At the highest tier (100,000 contacts) and no contract, the price increases to $539/month for the Email Marketing plan, $599/month for the Marketing Automation plan, and $699/month for the Ecommerce Marketing plan.
- GetResponse has a 30-day free trial (no credit card required) for up to 500 contacts.
- Plans for any size – Startups can take advantage of their free plan to get you started, and large corporations can utilize the Enterprise-level plan for 100,000+ employees (must contact for pricing).
- GetResponse gives nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organizations a 50% off “forever” discount on all of its pricing.
Our Personal Experience With GetResponse
We wanted to see for ourselves all the features in action, so we gave their free trial a spin. Setting up an account was easy. Appreciate when free trials don’t ask a lot of questions upfront or require you to include your personal information (or credit card info), like a phone number for salespeople to contact you. We just entered our email address and, upon confirmation, added our address, and we were all set.
Upon logging in, you have a quick guide to walk you through the various tools, or you can opt to explore on your own. The main screen is a customizable dashboard to which you can add “widgets” you can add, remove and move around for the tools you use most.
Having used other email marketing platforms in the past, like Mailchimp and Constant Contact, we found GetResponse to be extremely intuitive and user-friendly. Everything is easy to find in the menu (you can change the top three tools to fit your needs).
No matter what feature we tried out, it walked you through each step by step to set up. It was super clear and foolproof to figure out and implement emails, automation, A/B tests, and more. Little expertise is required, and the interface seems un-intimidating for the average person who is not tech-savvy.
Their email marketing tool has all the things you come to expect, like a layout builder, pre-designed templates, testing and previewing, saving templates, etc.
But a few extra bells and whistles, such as the ability to add your own custom font and the option to turn off certain blocks to not show up on mobile.
GetResponse also has a free AI subject line generator (including emojis) which came in handy to help you optimize open rates.
The built-in spam checker gives you recommendations on how to avoid ending up in people’s spam boxes.
The only thing we didn’t test out was some of the advanced options in the lists and reports since we didn’t have any contacts added or campaigns sent. But from what we could tell, those were just as simple too. The contacts area has a list hygiene area to remove duplicates or inactive contacts. You can also create blocklisting rules to prevent certain spammy domains from subscribing.
See what real users have to say about their experiences with GetResponse. We’ve collected customer reviews from around the web to help you make the best decision about whether GetResponse is right for you.
“I use GetResponse for basic email campaigns and find the tool easy to use. I was able to jump in and send my first email with limited time spent figuring out how it worked. I’m excited to explore other features going forward.”Allison, G2Crowd 5/2/2023
“Get Response has evolved quite a bit in the 2-3 years that I’ve been with them. Consistently adding new elements and curriculums to the platform. From email responders to landing pages and website design, they’re becoming a well-rounded software that can be a huge advantage in your journey as a business owner. There are also lots of helpful tutorials and trainings to help you get the most from your subscription and further ahead in your business faster.”TD H., TrustPilot 5/17/2023
“If you cancel it removes your access to your account immediately. So if you want to continue to use the service for the entire time that you have paid for you cannot cancel. However, if you miss canceling before the renewal date, they absolutely will not refund you. They also do not provide notice that they are about to renew your account.”Chad B, G2 Crowd 112/6/2021
“I signed up with Get Response to send out my blog posts using my subscriber’s list. I sent out one email with my list and I received an email from Get Response that they were shutting down my account for investigation due to abnormally high negative metrics (such as spam complaints, bounces and/or unsubscribes). I emailed them back right away, but they didn’t respond until more than 24 hours later.”Richard N., TrustPilot 8/11/2021
Don’t miss our exclusive interview with GetResponse Founder Simon Grabowski as we ask him questions about himself, the company, how he got started, and his thoughts on the future of email marketing.
GetResponse has added a feature called Landing Page Creator. It’s intuitive and easy to use, no tech experience is required. See for yourself.
Wondering if email marketing is really worth your time? If done right, email marketing can be extremely beneficial for your company. Just check out these stats:
- In 2021, there were an estimated 319.6 billion e-mails sent and received daily around the world. This figure is projected to increase to 376.4 billion daily e-mails by 2025 according to Statista.
- 91.8% of adults in the US used email in 2021 according to Statista.
- According to Validity, the global average inbox placement rate was 83% in 2019, meaning 1 out of every 6 messages failed to reach the inbox.
Choosing an email marketing service can be difficult because of the sheer number of companies available. GetResponse is undoubtedly one of the better services regarding price. Pricing for all of the services offered by GetResponse is competitive, and they’ve expanded their email marketing offering to include a host of other features. But how do they compare to other top providers? Check out our email marketing comparison to find out.Tagged With: Email Marketing, Reviews