If you or your team want to learn coding or programming, Team Treehouse could be the website for you. Does monthly based pricing, no contracts, an online community, mobile access and more sound good to you? Treehouse offers all of that and more. Read our review for pros, cons, key features, pricing and more to see if this website can teach you a thing or two.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- Price & Coupon Code
- User Reviews
- What’s New From Treehouse? (Video)
- Best Online Learning Site
- More than 1,000 videos
- Hands on practice with Code Challenge Engine
- Members only forums
- Goal setting and achievement feature
- Available on Android, iPhone, iPad and computers
- No contracts
- Only technical computer-centric courses available like design and development for the web
- No discounts for long-term commitment/membership in exchange for no contract
- Train your staff in WordPress, HTML, Java and more
- Mobile access
- Practice what you learn through quizzes and challenges
- New content released weekly
- Treehouse coding and Treehouse programming are popular subjects to learn
- 7-day free trial
- Basic: $25/month
- Pro: $49/month (includes video talks with professionals, workshops and interviews, progress reports, offline viewing and more)
Group memberships are available, but you must contact their sales team via the contact form on their website (click on link above).
90% of corporate businesses offer eLearning opportunities to employees in 2022 according to Startup Bonsai. That’s a large number of people that could potentially use Team Treehouse for its online learning needs. Below are some positive and negative reviews to help you decide if Team Treehouse is for you.
Team Treehouse has been a very valuable resource to me in becoming a software engineer. A couple years ago I decided I didn’t like my current job, and I decided to use Team Treehouse to become something else. It worked very well. I now work for a mobile app development company, make a 6 figure salary, and love my job. Team Treehouse helped me achieve all this by not just teaching me to code, but to be a coder and think creatively about problems. – Richard W., Switchup 3/2016
Not worth the money, this company is more interested in advertising and having a clean interface than the substance of their courses. Do yourself a favour and spend time looking for information written by impassioned hobbyists who are interested in teaching. This is nothing but a cash cow. – Anonymous, Switchup 5/2017
I would really like for treehouse to release content faster. I can see what’s coming out in the next few weeks or month. But waiting on an ES6 course for example while other course websites have content makes me go to competing websites where I can buy a one off course on that topic. The iPad app was also buggy when rotating from landscape to portrait the videos weren’t resizing to 100% width but that may be fixed. – Peter P., G2Crowd 10/31/2016
Treehouse creates short video updates weekly to show you what’s new at Team Treehouse. Check out a sample video below and if you want to learn more, read our interview with a member from Treehouse.
How Does Team Treehouse Compare?
Treehouse is a great e-learning site if you want to further your technical skills and advance your career. In fact, many Treehouse customers utilize online learning to make themselves more desirable to potential employers.
Which skill are you looking to improve through online learning?Tagged With: Education, Reviews