To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
VerticalResponse is a marketing solution designed to make the marketing process simpler and more effective for small businesses. This article takes a look at the various services that VerticalResponse provides and why they could be the business solution you’ve been waiting for.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- How Do Customers Rate Vertical Response?
- Why Are Responsive Design Templates Better?
- Is Vertical Response Right For You?
- Live chat, phone and email support (with paid plans)
- Great free plan
- Excellent nonprofit discounts
- 70+ responsive email templates and HTML templates
- Landing page builder
- Free built-in surveys
- A/B split testing and autoresponders
- Real-time reporting and statistics, accessible from any web browser
- Pay as You Go option gives you flexibility each month
- Offers 25MB of online image storage free for your newsletters
- Outdated UI that’s not easy to use
- Far fewer integrations than other services
- Their spam checking tools are very limited. For instance, you can’t get a spam score indicating the likelihood that your email newsletter will make it to your subscriber’s inbox
- Doesn’t offer a dedicated IP address
- No RSS feed or SMS features
- No event marketing features
- Poor contact management features
- Free webinars and support seminars, along with video tutorials, on how to make the most of your email newsletter campaigns
- Excellent support community. It appears that the support community has relatively fast response times, is well-organized, and has avid user interaction
VerticalResponse has updated many of its key features, including:
- Account set up with no credit card information required
- Marketing guides, tutorial videos, webinars and blog
- A free plan for businesses with up to 300 subscribers and 4,000 emails per month
- Customizable opt-in forms
- REST-based API and developer program, giving small businesses the ability to build email and social marketing applications
- Integration Marketplace, where you can sync with 30+ online tools and software, including Salesforce, Zapier, and Survey Monkey
- List segmentation and management tools
- Return on Investment (ROI) reporting
- Social media sharing with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Customer support 7 days a week
Below is the pricing for email marketing through VerticalResponse.
VerticalResponse now offers a pretty impressive free plan available to anyone with no limited time offer. You can have up to 300 subscribers and send 4,000 emails per month at no charge.
For those looking to send emails more frequently or for those with larger email lists, you can purchase monthly plans, which include an unlimited number of emails sent. Monthly prices increase as you add more subscribers, but paying a bit more gives you some added perks.
|Number of Contacts||Basic*||Pro**||Pro+***|
- Send unlimited emails
- Send automated follow-up emails to contact
- Award-winning phone and live chat customer support
- Remove VerticalResponse logo from your emails
- Create & publish multiple Landing Pages
- Analyze campaigns by engagement, device, browser, domain & geography
- See heat maps of where your contacts are clicking
- Automate campaigns with autoresponders and email series
- Optimize campaigns with subject line testing
- Get 10 Test Kit credits per month
- Work with an expert campaign strategist who will create and send emails for you
- Receive 1 expert-created promotional email per month
- Receive 1 expert-created newsletter email per month
- Receive 8 expert-created social posts per month
- Receive tailored reports and suggestions for optimization
Pay As You Go Plan
The pay as you go system operates on purchased package credits which begin at $7.50 for up to 300 emails. Pricing goes down the more you purchase. Credits are good for three months from the day you purchase them.
Vertical Response offers 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations 10,000 emails per month for free and 15% off monthly paid plans.
See what real users have to say about VerticalResponse, some positive experiences and some negative. We hope these user comments can help you make an informed decision about which service to choose.
What I love best about Vertical Response is the Heat Map function so I can see where contacts are clicking on the email. This allows me to see what stories interest my readers most and help me create engaging content for the emails. I also love the A/B Testing with subject lines. This allows me to explore different subject lines so I can see what users like best. – Administrator in Publishing, G2 Crowd 1/21/2018
There online layout software has improved considerable over the last years and makes it super easy to get your email up and out. While their template selection does not offer the same versatility than other pay per month services they are a great choice for small businesses that need an on demand solution for their email marketing. – Gabriele S., Sitejabber 3/31/2014
The UI is a bit dated and can feel clunky at times. Most actions are logically organized, but they do not feel very accessible, and I don’t necessarily ‘feel good’ when using their interface. The product is technically great at what it aims to do, but is a bit less user-friendly than some of the alternatives. – User in Computer Software, G2 Crowd 1/21/2018
Tried again to let these people make things right, and again they refused to step up. Please understand that my deliverability and company name recognition plummeted as best as I can tell BECAUSE of Verticalresponse. So I HAD to delay sending more emails to try to get consultants to figure out what the problems were. Verticalresponse was of no help at all, and then had the gall to say my credits have ‘expired’ when THEY were the reason I had to delay doing more sends in the first place. – Pichu M., 3/1/2018
A 2017 report found that 61% of email opens occurred on mobile, 15% on desktop and 24% in a webmail client. If you’re not using responsive templates that enable your emails to look great on all devices, you’re way behind the times. Check out this video about mobile templates.
If you’re looking for an easy-to-use service that doesn’t have a ton of sophisticated features in terms of email design elements and easy ROI reporting, you may want to check out VerticalResponse. Although they’re not among our top choices, their services have come a long way over the past few years, and the ability to incorporate everything within the same service could be the best choice for your needs.
Have you used VerticalResponse and any of its newer features? How do you think it stacks up against the rest?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.