How do we keep this site running? This post may contain affiliate links — the cost is the same to you, but we get a referral fee. Compensation does not affect rankings. Thanks!
Worried that your business email marketing strategy isn’t cutting it? Want to keep better track of your email campaigns wins and losses? AWeber and GetResponse can vastly improve your current email marketing practices for less than $20 per month. Both companies are among the most popular email marketing service providers, but which one is best for your needs? Read our AWeber vs GetResponse review to see each services’ features, pros and cons, pricing and more to help you decide.
Novices and experienced users take note — GetResponse is a breeze to use with most of the features you’ll ever want, all for a surprisingly affordable price tag. We find it one of the best overall email marketing services for your money – so much so that we chose GetResponse as our winner for Best Email Marketing Software. GetResponse helps you improve your email campaigns to better reach and connect with your audience every step of the way. And to top it off, GetResponse’s monthly pricing includes many features that cost you extra fees with other service providers.
With GetResponse email marketing service you get a ton of features at no additional charge. Their best and most popular include:
- List Booster: import email addresses 16 ways, including uploading from a hard drive, importing from mail clients and from services like Magento, Salesforce and Highrise
- Time Travel: send emails at the optimal local time for all recipients to maximize open rate
- Social sharing with Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn and Pinterest
- App Center: interconnect with 100+ apps/software, including PayPal, Google Analytics, Joomla, Salesforce, Shopify and more
- Multimedia Center: create audio and video files
- Email Intelligence: reporting on time of day/day of week metrics, automated report delivery, statistics on autoresponders, social sharing, bounce rate and unsubscribes
- Split A/B testing
- QR code generator
- API developer program
- Free online surveys
- Responsive email design
- Landing page creator
GetResponse’s fees are on a per-month, per-contact pricing scale, and there is no contract to sign or cancellation penalty. All include an unlimited number of emails. Get Response offers a 30-Day Free Trial.
|Number of Contacts||Price Per Month*|
|100,000+||Call or request a quote online|
** Nonprofit 501 (c)(3) organizations benefit from a 50% off “forever” discount on all pricing
Coupon CodeOur readers have exclusive access to 10% off of GetResponse (you must use the link to the left to get this offer)! You can discuss this discount and others on our dedicated GetResponse coupon page.
AWeber has competitive pricing and is a popular email marketing service provider. All of the basic, standard features you expect are included as well as more advanced ones. However, we don’t consider them to be as advanced as GetResponse. AWeber was founded in 1998 and has kept up with the changes in the email marketing world. AWeber is also one of the only providers that have a 30 day money back guarantee.
- Send unlimited emails and host unlimited images
- Publish newsletter as web pages to make them easy for visitors to read and for you to archive
- Developers get a free account with API Lab which has great tools for creating new apps
- Add attachments to newsletters up to 1MB
- Great WYSIWYG drag and drop editor
- 50+ apps to integrate with your account
- Integrate a shopping cart
- Thorough reporting and tracking
- Availability to video tutorials, live webinars and more
A Weber’s pricing is per month, per contact and they also offer a 30-day free trial.
|Number of Contacts||AWeber Cost Per Month|
Coupon CodeAWeber offers three months free to non-profits and 25% off after that. Students get 20% off. Click here to take advantage of AWeber coupons!
Not Sure Where to Start?
If you’re new to email marketing or trying to decide if it’s worth the time and cost, consider this — in a 2014 survey by eMarketer, business owners cited email marketing as the most effective digital marketing channel for customer retention in the U.S. It’s really not a question of if you should use email marketing, it’s a matter of where to start. Both AWeber and GetResponse have dozens of tutorial and best-practice-tips videos to help you optimize your email marketing campaigns. This video by AWeber, for example, gives beginners some great tips on email content and how to get started.
AWeber vs GetResponse: The Final Verdict
AWeber and GetResponse have their pluses and minuses as you’ve seen with our reviews for each. Overall, we prefer GetResponse because you get the most bang for your buck — and it’s less expensive than AWeber to begin with. Which one is right for you? It comes down to what features you want for your email marketing campaigns, so refer back to our pros and cons to help you make your decision. And see our Best Email Marketing Services Comparison Table to learn more about email marketing and compare all the big companies side by side.
Which email marketing service provider do you use?