Want to keep up with current website trends, drive traffic to your website and take advantage of the latest designs and functionality? WordPress templates are the way to go. WordPress is growing much faster than other content management systems (CMSs) like Joomla, Drupal and others. And there are some exciting WordPress templates, also called themes, that give you the ability to build almost any type of website you can imagine. While there are free WordPress themes out there, we’ve chosen some of the best premium WordPress themes on the market today and broken them down into Best WordPress Template categories to further assist you in your search.
- Best WordPress Templates – Multipurpose
- Best for Blogs/Magazines: Sahifa Theme
- Best for Creative Industries: Salient Theme
- Best for Ecommerce: Gifts Shop WooCommerce Theme
What Is the Best WordPress Template?
The best WordPress template for you really depends on what type of website you want to create. What’s right for professional services, isn’t necessarily right for ecommerce. Your decision will also be affected by the number and quality of images you plan to use. Some WordPress premium themes display higher resolution graphics than others. Read on to learn which WordPress themes might be a good fit for you and your brand.
Best WordPress Themes: Multipurpose
Multipurpose templates for WordPress are the fastest-growing types of website themes out there; and for good reason. Today’s multi-purpose WP
themes are easy to use, easily customizable, and full of features that enable you to design almost any kind of website. Our choices for the best WordPress themes have endless possibilities.
Divi Theme Review
Divi by ElegantThemes is one of the best multipurpose WordPress website templates on the market. Divi is easily customizable, and its drag and drop tools make setting up your site a breeze. No coding knowledge is required! Divi is loaded with amazingly intuitive but sophisticated features that allow you to create almost any kind of website you want. And Divi is a responsive WordPress Theme, meaning it automatically looks good on any device (PC, tablet, smartphone). The purchase price is another plus and it gives you access to all of ElegantThemes’ templates.
- Responsive design
- Easy drag and drop content editor
- Excellent Page Builder with 18 unique page layouts
- ePanel allows you to easily create the main theme settings
- Powerful Customizer
- Custom CSS feature
- 45 different Divi content modules (sidebar, call to action, map, etc.)
- Solid security
- 32 100% built-in language translations
- Excellent tech support and unlimited updates included
$69 for ElegantThemes membership (gives you access to all their themes)
Monstroid Theme Review
TemplateMonster unleashed its new Monstroid multipurpose WordPress theme in mid-2015 to much deserved fanfare. Since its release and ensuing updates (including multiple child themes that allow you to create websites for almost any industry or purpose), Monstroid continues to get rave reviews from developers for its ease of use, functionality and customization capabilities. For an affordable price, you can switch between all these child themes as much as you’d like. And, like Divi, you don’t need to know coding to create a dazzling website thanks to Monstroid’s easy drag-and- drop features.
- Cherry Framework 4.0
- 40+ child themes (more added every month)
- 6 different page layouts
- 100+ layered PSD files
- 15 high-resolution stock photos & images
- Responsive design
- Drag-and-drop content editor
- Parallax gives you 2D visual elements
- Background video
- 23+ premium plugins
- Multiple sliders
- Typography page with Google web fonts variations
- Free 24/7 support & lifetime updates
- $79 for a single-site license
- $149 for a developer’s license (up to 5 domains)
Parallax Pro Theme Review
Multipurpose Parallax Pro by StudioPress is one of the top WordPress themes for its superior SEO optimization and speed, as well as its excellent customizable features and visual elements. The template’s design is slick and minimalist, but it has plenty of functionality. Parallax Pro, like all of StudioPress’s themes, utilizes the Genesis Framework (WordPress website developers build “Frameworks” to power the back-end of their themes), and this framework is extremely popular for its SEO and speed properties. With Parallax Pro you get unlimited updates, tech support and a wealth of resources to help you build your dream site.
- A number of page layout options for a diverse range of pages
- Fully customizable background
- Five color options
- Wide variety of content box options, available in six colors
- Excellent typography options (lists, block quotes, etc.)
- Threaded comments
- Footers are fully customizable, with five or more columns
- Known for excellent “call to action” sections
$99.95 total price (includes the Genesis Framework, a one-time purchase, and the Parallax Pro theme). The theme-only price is $44.95 if you already own the Genesis Framework. But if you’re a returning StudioPress customer, you get a 25% discount, reducing the theme price to $33.71.
Best WordPress Theme for Blogs/Magazines: Sahifa Theme Review
The major focus of the Sahifa theme is to display regular posts and articles in an organized but visually enticing way. This makes Sahifa a perfect theme for regular bloggers, magazines or news sites. With SEO-optimized Sahifa you get 10 custom page templates, a drag-and-drop homepage builder and an easy one-click data import and export tool. For tracking your readers, you can set up social counter widgets and their post view systems to see how many people have read your articles. Need to add advertising or set up your own shop? Sahifa is well equipped for both, making it a pretty powerful website template for a number of purposes.
- Responsive Design
- Strong Admin Panel gives you 400+ options for theme settings, colors, fonts, layouts and more
- One-click data import and export
- Unlimited sidebar options
- Language translations
- 33 built-in widgets
- SEO optimized
- Post view system
- Total WooCommerce integration
- Homepage sliders
- 6 months support
- $59 for a single-site license
- $17.70 to expand support to 12 months
Best WordPress Theme for Creative Industries: Salient Theme Review
Salient is the go-to theme for creative professionals, from graphic designers, app creators, and agency studios to freelance photographers, artists, and more. Salient gives you three different portfolio styles to choose from as well as large visuals, the options of video background, parallax sliders, and unlimited colors. Salient, found on Themeforest, is an excellent WordPress template to showcase all types of creative work.
- Responsive design
- Visual Composer plug-in allows for easy drag-and-drop editing
- Unlimited color options
- WooCommerce support with Ajax shopping cart option
- SEO optimization
- Advanced Typography with 600+ fonts
- Custom social sharing buttons
- 550+ Retina ready icons
- 2 Header Layouts + unlimited colors
- Footer Column Options
- 6 months of support
- $59 for a single-site license
- $17.70 to extend support for 12 months
Best WordPress ECommerce Theme: Gifts Shop WooCommerce Theme Review
TemplateMonster’s Gifts Shop WooCommerce Theme is so popular, it currently drives nearly one-third of all online stores! When looking for WordPress eCommerce Themes, The Gifts Shop theme stands apart from the rest. It is a simple yet sophisticated ecommerce framework that’s powered by popular WooCommerce. It’s an excellent choice for almost any type of online store. What’s so great for the customer experience is that Gifts Shop is compatible with all major browsers and it is a responsive design (customers can shop on the go with their tablets or smartphones), too!
- Responsive design
- Crossbrowser compatibility
- Advanced theme options
- Back to top button
- Custom page templates
- Dropdown cart
- Dropdown menu
- Google fonts
- Full social media integration
- Products page
- Blog & live chat to engage your customers
- 24/7 tech support with TemplateMonster
$114 for single-site license
How Do Multipurpose Templates Work?
Check out this video by TemplateMonster that demonstrates how its new multipurpose Monstroid Theme, which they coin “WordPress on Steroids,” works and why it’s one of the best WordPress templates on the market.
Why Go With a WordPress Template?
WordPress powers more than 59% of all websites that use a CMS and 25% of the ten million largest websites across the globe, according to W3Techs. WordPress’s popularity is a testament to its exceptional usability and functionality. As as you’ve seen with our WordPress template reviews, you can do some pretty amazing things with WordPress. If you want more information on website templates in general, see our articles, Create an Awesome Looking Website with the Best Website Templates and What Are the Best Free Website Templates?, which includes a section on the best places to find free WordPress themes.
What are your favorite WordPress templates and why?Tagged With: Reviews, Templates