To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Getty Images is arguably the largest and most well-known stock photography agency in the world. This company has a huge collection of premium conceptual media and exclusively licensed, high-res art that’s perfect for traditional media on a multinational scale. Does Getty Images live up to its prestigious reputation? And is it the best for your stock photography needs?
- The largest library by far and the premium library for finding high-resolution, highly conceptual, artistic print media images
- Exclusive media purchase is available if you need a visual that no one else will be able to use. This is important for more traditional media for large companies and brand, especially for print, television and radio advertising
- Images, videos, audio and illustrations
- Easy to navigate website
- Websites for a number of different countries
- User submissions are accepted
- Offers 35+ million pictures for free use
- Media can be expensive - probably cost prohibitive for digital use unless you require exclusive imagery
- Long-standing reputation for nearly 25 years
- A wide array of royalty-free media with over eighty million different high-design, conceptual pieces, including photos, vectors, illustrations and video and audio formats
- Holds exclusive licenses with photographers so you’ll find one-of-a-kind images
- Easy-to-use search features let you first filter by purpose (creative or editorial), license type (royalty-free or rights-managed) and media type and then filter down with many advanced search options
- A vast collection of historical images
- Multinational presence with sites in many different languages that can help you navigate usage laws across country borders
Getty Images offers several pre-paid package options. Packs include any combination of royalty-free creative photos, videos, illustrations, vectors and most editorial images, but exclude all rights-managed images. Packs don’t expire as long as you sign in at least once a year.
|Medium Images |
|Large Images |
4K & HD Videos
|5 Pack||$800 |
Rights-Managed & Rights-Ready Licenses
Price is based on how you intend to use it (factors include media, size, duration, placement, geographic distribution and exclusivity) and can be calculated on the file’s detailed information page or from the cart.
Getty Images offers flexible pricing for agencies and several subscription options for teams. Subscriptions include no daily or monthly download limits, no seat licenses required, custom content and special commissions.
They also offer Premium Access agreements that are annual, capped download agreements that let entire teams download files, with no daily or monthly download limits. Check out this video to learn more about Premium Access.
Use this link to get the best deal we can offer from Getty Images.
Wondering what others have to say about Getty Images? Here’s a sample of positive and negative comments we found from Getty customers.
This site IS the benchmark. Intended for the professional only, it has every tool you need in order to search, license and manage your acquisitions. A library unequalled on the planet, it contains every genre, from every age back to the first photography, and even further back to paintings and illustrations, in order to cover nearly every topic on the planet. – Christian K., SiteJabber 1/18/2018
Be warned. Do not buy credits as they will make it the subscription withdrawal amount from your bank account and it is impossible to cancel or change they subscription, they have full control of your credit card, not you. – Serena M., SiteJabber 3/24/2018
Getty Images undoubtedly has the best collection of top-class stock images for any topic you can imagine. The website is incredibly easy to search and navigate. If you need exclusive media for commercial or editorial purposes, Getty is your best choice.
However, if your projects don’t have high creative standards and you instead need general-use stock photography and other media (especially for digital use), Getty Images is extremely expensive — you’ll want to look elsewhere. Fortunately, you have tons of options. Be sure to read our reviews of the Best Stock Photo Sites to find the best fit for your needs.
Have you heard any buzz from fellow creative professionals about Getty Images?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.