Did you create a Facebook Page for one business and need to merge it with another one? Perhaps one of your business locations closes and you want to transfer those fans over to your primary business page.
Luckily you can merge two or more Facebook pages with one another. Here you will find written step-by-step instructions and a video tutorial (see below) on how to merge Facebook Pages.
6 Steps To Merge Your Facebook Pages (Express Guide)
To merge two Facebook pages, you will need to be an admin of both pages. Here are the steps to merge the pages:
- Go to the Facebook page that you want to keep.
- Click on the “Settings” tab.
- In the left-hand column, click on “Merge Pages.”
- Select the page that you want to merge from the dropdown menu.
- Click “Continue.”
- Review the information to make sure everything is correct, then click “Request Merge.”
Keep in mind that Facebook may not allow you to merge certain types of pages. If you are unable to merge the pages, it may be because they have different categories or because one of the pages has too many likes. Additionally, you can only merge pages that have similar names and represent the same thing. If you have any problems with the merge process, you can try contacting Facebook for assistance.
7 Steps To Merge Your Facebook Pages (In-Depth Guide)
Merging Facebook Pages is easier than you think.
- First, you must be a manager-level admin of both Pages you want to merge. This option is only available for Pages that cover the same topic and have similar names.
- Establish to your Primary Page – the “Primary Page” is the page that you want to merge other older pages with. This page must have more likes than any secondary pages you will be merging with the Primary Page. If you do not have more likes on the Primary Page, then consider keeping the page with more likes and changing the name or contents to act as the Primary Page and merging the page with fewer likes to the page with more likes. In our example in the video below we have “Exploring Life’s Mysteries” as our Primary Page. It has 290 Likes. The secondary page we want to merge it with is called “On Thai Time” and it has 36 Likes. So in this case the Primary Page does have more likes than the secondary page so we are okay to proceed to the next step.
- Go to the Old Page that you want to merge with the Primary Page. Under the admin panel go to “Edit Page” then “Update Info.”
- Update the Old Page name and username to something similar to the Primary Page you wish to merge it with. Either by making it plural or putting a 2 at the end of it. This will help Facebook understand that you have duplicate pages. If you’re merging Pages with a location, they must have the same address information as well. In our example, “On Thai Time” is not close enough to the page we want to merge it with “Exploring Life’s Mysteries” so we changed the username to “ExploringLifesMysteries2” and the page name to “Exploring Life Mysteries.”
- The next step is very important. Before you merge pages you will want to make sure that all the contents from the old page (info, bio, photos, wall posts, links) are backed up or archived somewhere. Once you merge pages, you cannot undo it and all photos, links and posts from the old page will be permanently deleted. The only thing that will transfer over to the new page will be the people who liked the old page.
- Repeat steps 2 through 4 until all pages you wish to merge are updated with similar names, usernames, addresses (if necessary) and all data is backed up.
- Now, from the top of the Page you want to keep (your Primary Page), click EDIT PAGE, select EDIT SETTINGS, click MERGE PAGES, and click MERGE DUPLICATE PAGES. Click to check the box next to the merging Page. Click MERGE PAGES. If you don’t see the merge Pages option, it means that your Pages can’t be merged at this time.
NOTE: If you have overlapping fans, they will not count as two likes (so the increase in likes will depend on how many overlapping fans you lave). Example, if Page A has 200 fans and Page B has 50 fans, and you merge you will not necessarily have 250 fans, but as many as 250.
How To Merge Your Facebook Pages (Video)
HowToPhones explains how to merge Facebook pages using a recent interface in their short video below.
For those of you still having trouble, here are the steps that you should take to merge Facebook pages. Facebook is not always 100% working and there are sometimes kinks, but if you follow these few steps, you should be able to merge your pages in no time!
First of all, you have to a manager-level admin of both Pages you want to merge and both pages must have similar names. You can simply change the name to be something similar if not already taken. Then, using Facebook as yourself (not as your Page). From the top of the Page you want to KEEP, click on EDIT PAGE. Then select EDIT SETTINGS and select MERGE PAGES and click REQUEST TO MERGE DUPLICATE PAGES then fill out the form and click SEND. Keep in mind the page with the most fans will be kept and the other one will be deleted.
More Resources For Using Facebook For Your Business
Were you able to merge your Facebook pages? Let us know in the comments!Tagged With: Facebook