To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
Time to update your antiquated cash register? Looking for a modern alternative for your small business? The Lightspeed point of sale (POS) system (previously known as ShopKeep) could be just the ticket. This iPad-based POS system is one of the most intuitive systems we’ve seen.
Lightspeed isn’t for everyone, however. It gears itself towards small businesses with rich features and cloud-based offsite data storage. Keep reading our review to see if it’s the best solution for you.
- Very affordable monthly rate (with even bigger discounts available for those with contracts)
- Competitive payment processing rates
- Intuitive, easy to use
- Compatible with multiple payment processors
- Accepts EMV-chip cards
- Real-time inventory updates down to raw ingredients
- Good POS systems for retail, full-service and quick-service restaurants
- QuickBooks and MailChimp integration
- 24/7/365 U.S. based, free customer support
- Only desktop and iPad compatible
- Lightspeed hardware is on the expensive side compared to other services
- A standout POS platform for ease of setup and intuitive use on the front end for unlimited users
- POS solutions for more than 20 small business types, including retail, quick food services, restaurants, and more
- Robust Lightspeed back-office features for small businesses
- Bulk manage feature makes inputting inventory a breeze
- Easy sales tracking and real-time analytics
- Excellent restaurant features including onscreen tipping, split checks, kitchen printing, and more
- Ability to set default and special tax rates for specific items
- AppCard marketing integration gives you a built-in customer loyalty program
- Offers gift cards
- Apps for Android and iOS
- Excellent website resources including video tutorials, a user forum, an extensive blog, and live chat
- E-commerce integration and retail POS support
Lightspeed POS Pricing
- $69 per month per register (discount for four or more registers)
- Hardware starter kit: $859 (doesn’t include iPad)
- 1 year warranty, free shipping & 30-day money-back guarantee on hardware
As part of our Lightspeed POS review, we’ve done our research around the web to find out what Lightspeed users have to say about their experiences.
We use Lightspeed as our stores POS system. All of our income goes through it and I love the reports I can get back out of it. The customer support is the best. I have never had a problem they couldn’t solve quickly and with kindness. – UPCM, Trustpilot, 06/07/2022
I really like that I am able to customize our website and integrate third party apps & APIs easily. And the customer service, the customer service is top notch! Through migration and implementation, the Lightspeed team was right there. At a moment’s notice, I can chat with the team or give them a call. Although I may be a one-woman tech team, I have help! It’s such a blessing to have a support team for our business. It has been easy to integrate all of our business critical resources and provide a more unified experience for our employees. Employees can access customer data, order data, shipping data, marketing data and product data in one platform. I’ve been able to customize our store template to our specific business needs and design requirements. It’s been a developer’s dream. – Simone B., G2, 9/3/2020
This software is missing a lot of features and appears half finished. E-commerce integration is terrible and incomplete, stock sold online does not adjust stock levels in bricks and mortar store. There are a vast majority of missing features that should really exist given other point of sale options out there in 2022. – Shayne D., Trustpilot 01/31/2022
I wish there were more “free” features in the templates, but it works for me as it is now. This product could be better if the onboarding training was more tailored to nonprogramming folks like me. – Vivian G., G2, 12/16/2021
What’s Our Final Verdict?
It’s hard to beat Lightspeed’s cost per month for what you get— a fun, intuitive interface, real-time analytics, fantastic tech support, and robust inventory, employee and customer management tools. And you’re not obligated to purchase their hardware if you already have compatible equipment in place.
How does Lightspeed stack up to the competition? Be sure to read our POS system reviews to see how Lightspeed stacks up against its competition.Tagged With: Retail, Reviews