This post may contain affiliate links and we’ll be compensated if you make a purchase. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Do you want to bump up your WordPress site’s marketing exposure? One surefire method is to convert your site’s visitors into subscribers. And there’s an easy and affordable way to do just that — by using a plugin to connect your site with MailChimp, the hugely popular (and affordable) email marketing service. What’s the best Mailchimp plugin for WordPress? Our vote goes for MailChimp for WordPress created by ibericode. Here we’ll tell you what this plugin can do for your company’s marketing goals and why we chose it for our sites’ MailChimp WordPress integration.
- Easy-to-create sign-up forms add your site’s visitors to your MailChimp contact list
- AJAX support for instant form submissions and on-page response (no page reloading)
- Detailed reporting (which sign-up methods and pages perform best?) with charts and email notifications
- Free Add-on plugins allow you to customize sign-up forms, monitor your MailChimp activity through your site, create call-to-action boxes and more
- Simple integration with contact, comment or checkout forms via WooCommerce, BuddyPress, Contact Form 7 and many other plugins (Premium add-on)
- Supports full eCommerce360 integration for both WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads. MailChimp’s eCommerce360 feature allows you to see which email campaign generated which website purchases and enables you to set up powerful list segments based on your subscribers’ purchase activity. (Premium add-on)
- User ratings on WordPress.org give the MailChimp for WordPress plugin 4.9 out of 5 stars (from over 600 reviews)
- More than 700,000 sites use MailChimp for WordPress, and the plugin has been downloaded more than five million times
- Updated frequently and compatibility is maintained with the latest version of WordPress
Pricing & Tech Specs
MailChimp for WordPress requires WordPress 4.1 or higher. They offer a free core plugin and a 30-day full money back guarantee.
- One sign-up form
- Access to free MailChimp add-ons
Premium Plugin Add-on
Premium Add-on features include ecommerce integration, reports and analytics, easy syncing of WP and MailChimp users, a sophisticated Styles Builder to further customize your forms, and customizable email notifications sent to new subscribers as soon as they sign up.
- $49 for Personal License (one WP site)
- $99 for Developer License (up to 5 WP sites)
- Unlimited number of sign-up forms
- One year of plugin updates and priority customer support
- 40% discount on annual license renewals to keep getting plugin updates and priority customer support
See MailChimp for WordPress in Action
Here’s an example of how dynamic a Mailchimp for WordPress form is, you’ll see it can be filled out and handled without a page reload (AJAX support):
And check out this quick video that illustrates everything MailChimp for WordPress can do for your website.
What’s our Developer’s Take on MailChimp for WordPress?
Our web developer has extensive experience with this plugin as he has managed and tweaked it for all our brands. Here’s his take.
While a backend developer might prefer to just code the forms, the MailChimp for WordPress plugin takes a lot of the fields and settings developers typically have access to and puts them in reach for less technical users. Most MailChimp plugins have three settings — 1) account, 2) list, and 3) if you want to collect a name and an email or just an email. With MailChimp for WordPress you get much more control over your forms, and the Pro version even allows you to collect different information for the same list in multiple form locations on your site.
In addition to the documentation and knowledge base, you can easily find help on the Plugin’s WordPress Support forum, where the developers are active and, unlike many premium plugins, you’ll rarely see a post go unanswered.
Why Consider Getting MailChimp?
If you don’t already have MailChimp, be sure to read our MailChimp reviews to see what it can offer you. MailChimp is our top choice for the best free email marketing service plan on the market. MailChimp’s free forever plan gives you up to 2,000 subscribers and 12,000 emails you can send each month, with no credit card required. Their upgraded plans offer competitive pricing and a strong set of features. As you’ve read in our review here, integrating MailChimp into your WordPress site is a breeze and can seriously boost your subscriber base.
How do you use your MailChimp WordPress integration to engage your site’s visitors?