When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Here’s how it works.
Can’t afford to hire an attorney for your personal or small business legal needs? When it comes to simple legal forms and filings, it can get unaffordably expensive to hire an attorney.
Rocket Lawyer is one of the most popular online go-to legal providers. But do they offer what you need at a price that fits your budget? And how reliable are their services?
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- User Reviews
- How Does A Lawyer-On-Call Work? (Video)
- Is Rocket Lawyer Your Best Solution?
- Best for those who need ongoing legal help
- Wide range of personal and business documents
- If you require further legal help, they will connect you with lawyers in your local area for a 40% off rate
- Easy to use
- Ask a question and get linked to a local attorney within 24 hours
- Meet with an attorney in person, by phone or online
- BBB rating: A+
- If you only have a couple of documents to file it may be cheaper to choose someone else
- Many customer complaints that they continue to charge your credit card after you cancel
- No weekend customer support hours
- Monthly membership includes all documents on their website
- Consult with a lawyer for no additional charge
- They connect you with local attorneys if you need representation (for 40% off of their normal rate)
- Electronic signature service is provided for many forms
- Secure 128-bit encrypted website
- No contract required
- “For Attorneys” website area where attorneys can search for clients needing specific legal services
Rocket Lawyer has two options: pay for a monthly membership and get access to most legal products and services or pay as you go.
- 1 week free trial
- Premium Member: $39.99/month for Premium Plan (includes 30-minute consultation, answers to legal questions, incorporation filing, creating documents online, discounts on additional services, and more)
- Non-Member: Pay a la carte for services: $39.99 per document creation, $49.99 per legal question, $59.99 per 30-minute consultation, $99.99 for incorporation filing, etc.
These prices are from the time of publishing and may change over time.
Read below for a balanced sampling of Rocket Lawyer customer reviews that we’ve found during our in-depth research.
I would definitely recommend this service to others. With the money i saved in avoiding possible future litigation by having air tight legal documents, this service was worth its weight in gold! – Saeed C., Sitejabber 6/18/2018
These folks are AMAZING! I’m a newly paid member and needed some documents filed for my new business. Every time I called with a question they were there to answer. No long time holding on the line. Even when I sent an email I got a quick response. The process of filing my docs through them went smooth, fast and easy. I’d give them a BILLION stars if I could. – Destinee N., BBB 10/17/2018
I signed up for what I thought was a one time use and then they billed me for the next 12 months $39.995 per month, even though I cancelled and never used the service. Tried to get a refund but was told I couldn’t get one. Do Not Use This Company!!! – Adele A., Sitejabber 4/28/2018
Very unclear about what services you are signing up for and how you will be charged. Does not provide email confirmation to tell you when you are being charged and for what. Sneaky about signing you up for monthly premium service. – L., BBB 3/5/2018
Watch the video below to see how easy Rocket Lawyer’s “Lawyer-On-Call” feature works.
Rocket Lawyer is an all-inclusive online legal service that stands out among its peers. Need to create a will, for example? Unlike many other services which charge a-la-carte, Rocket Lawyer charges a monthly fee that includes everything: online documents, instructions and guides, an extensive online knowledge base and the ability to speak to an attorney as you’re filling out your will.
But that doesn’t mean there’s not a competitor that does it better! Read our comprehensive review of online legal services to learn more about Rocket Lawyer competitors and alternatives.
Are you considering an online legal solution vs a traditional attorney?
Disclaimer: Information published in this article is intended for reference use only. This article is not intended to offer any legal opinion or advice, or apply any legal principle of any kind. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state of residence for any opinion or advice on any legal matter or issue.Tagged With: Reviews