To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
AWeber is a dependable, trustworthy email marketing service that can help promote your business. AWeber Communications has been in business since 1998 (an eternity for online services). In fact, AWeber was the first company to launch the autoresponder — a must-have in today’s email marketing world.
How has this long-time service kept up with its competitors? Read below to see if AWeber email marketing service is the best choice for your business.
- Pros, Cons & Key Features
- AWeber Price & Coupon Code
- Customer Feedback
- AWeber’s Best Features (With Video)
- Is AWeber The Email Marketing Solution For You?
- Well-known for solid and easy to reach customer support via phone or email
- Extensive knowledge base, video tutorials, great webinars, etc. on its website
- One of the better WYSIWYG drag-and-drop editors we’ve seen (easy to format text, add images, hyperlink text, etc.)
- 700+ email templates
- API access — you can use their services to build your own app
- Clean, polished, easy to use interface
- Easily managed subscriber lists
- Add attachments to newsletters (up to 1 mb), and for larger files, it offers integration with Digioh, a digital download app
- Extensive reporting and tracking — number of emails sent, open rate, click-through, undelivered emails, and more
- Good list management
- No Google Analytics integration
- Social sharing is limited vs competitors (only Facebook and Twitter)
- No social media tracking or reporting
- You can’t custom build your own email template
- Subscriber importing isn’t the best (you can only import xls, xlsx, tsv, csv, txt files — can’t directly import from Gmail contacts, LinkedIn, Outlook, Quickbooks, etc.)
- Can-spam compliant and take spam seriously
- Split A/B testing
- Unlimited image hosting and 6,000+ stock images
- Social Sharing with Facebook
- HTML editor
- Broadcast archives your newsletters by publishing them as an easy to navigate web page
- Shopping cart integrations: PayPal, Shopify, and Magento
- App Showcase with 50+ apps you can integrate with your account: Zapier, Salesforce, WordPress, Facebook, etc.
- Mobile apps for iPhone and Android
- Unlimited image storage and unlimited number of emails
- Good API Lab tools to create new apps plus a free developer account
- Attach up to 1MB to an email (rare feature among email marketing providers)
- Intuitive WYSIWYG editor
- Integrates with more than 50 apps including WordPress, Salesforce, Zapier, Facebook, etc.
- Good shopping cart integrations including Shopify and PayPal
- Extensive reporting and tracking of email open rate, click-through and more
- Excellent knowledge base with webinars, articles, video tutorials and more
AWeber pricing is per contact, per month, with no contracts or cancellation fees. Try it out with the AWeber free trial for 30 days.
|Number of Contacts||AWeber Cost Per Month|
AWeber Promo CodeAWeber offers three months free to non-profits and 25% off after that. Students get 20% off. Click here to take advantage of AWeber coupons!
AWeber won the 2017 Bronze Stevie Awards for Innovation in Customer Service and Customer Service Department of the Year. Read below for a balanced sampling of both positive and negative reviews we found on the web from business people who’ve used AWeber.
Positive AWeber Reviews
AWeber is used by several of my clients to manage their mailing lists. It is connected to the opt-in forms on their websites and it is the utility used to send and track their newsletters and other broadcasts. Some of my clients have AWeber connected to their blogs so that an email goes out to their mailing list every time they publish a new post. Other only use it for sending messages periodically. AWeber is an affordable, feature-packed tool that allows companies of any size to nurture their customer relationships and provide extra value through publishing. The fact that it can send immediate messages or pre-scheduled autoresponder messages makes it both versatile and valuable. – Greg D., TrustRadius 1/2/2018
The best part about using aweber is it’s ease of use and ability to link with many other programs. They make it easy to keep track of your customers as well as automate a sequence of emails. I was able to get my investment in Aweber back within a couple months of using it. This may take more or less time depending on how big of a following your business has already. – Ryan T., G2Crowd 3/6/2018
Negative AWeber Reviews
We use it to create sign up forms and email campaigns. It allows us to send targeted emails and analyze campaign results which we can then use to enhance and improve our subsequent campaigns. Its interface is a bit outdated and the design options are too. It works well, though but probably not worth the price, given there are so many other email management software available. – Nicole S., TrustRadius 1/16/2018
My main complaint is that I can not add borders around any of the drag and drop builder emails newsletters I create. These definitely need a border tool so we can put borders around the whole newsletter or even sections within the newsletter. Other email marketing tools I use have this feature so I know it can be done. – Gene S., G2Crowd 6/27/2017
While you may think email is dead in the day of social media, marketing professionals and business leaders agree that email marketing is the best form of digital marketing to retain customers. Check out AWeber’s video below to learn more about some of the ways they can help promote your business.
Email marketing is a must-have these days (learn more in our introductory article). AWeber is a strong contender in the email marketing service battle, with robust features, reliable delivery, an intuitive interface and competitive pricing.
AWeber also offers a 30-day money back guarantee, which is rare in this industry. What are your AWeber alternatives? See how AWeber stacks up to its competitors with our email marketing service comparison.
What’s your biggest email marketing frustration?