Shopping around for the best e-commerce platform to make your online sales spectacular? You’ve probably heard of Shopify. But does their service backup what they’re hyping in their marketing campaigns? We open the hood on Shopify and uncover the facts behind this popular e-commerce option that touts an easy-to-use yet sophisticated approach to online sales.
You’ve likely heard of Shopify for its name alone, but they have the solid reputation to back up its brand. With more than a decade of experience (a long history for anything online!), Shopify now operates in more than 150 countries and boasts $72 billion in sales. Keep reading our review to see how they stack up against the competition.
- Product set-up easier than most platforms
- Unlimited bandwidth with every plan
- Best online store templates/themes that we’ve reviewed
- Shared SSL certificate free with all plans (for securing your customer’s data)
- Access to more than 900 Shopify apps, including Google Analytics and Quickbooks
- Excellent 24/7 customer service and reputation (phone, email and live chat)
- 256-bit encryption for security
- Transaction fees apply if you don’t use Shopify Payments (except with Shopify Plus plan (0%))
- Discount code feature not available with Lite and Basic plans
- Many ecommerce features only available through Shopify plug-ins (some free, some not)
Key Features Of Shopify
- 100+ Shopify templates/themes that are easily customizable
- Use your existing domain name or purchase a new one for $11 (cheaper than most other services)
- Extensive content management system
- Built-in blog and article section
- Ability to integrate with all major American shipping carriers, including FedEx, UPS, USPS
- Excellent online security for your customers at 256-bit encryption level
- Improved return policy with partial returns
- Automatic inventory updates
- Built-in reporting and analytics, including Google Analytics
- Manage your store on the go with mobile apps for Android and iPhone
- Excellent point of sale system (POS) available now as part of the basic Shopify and Advanced plans
Key Features Of Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is an enterprise-grade e-commerce platform that takes online selling to a much higher level for larger retail companies.
- Unlimited sales, bandwidth, and products
- Fully hosted SaaS e-commerce platform
- 0% transaction fees
- Unlimited online storage
- 100+ Shopify payment gateways
Read our in-depth Shopify Plus Review
All Shopify plans include 24/7 customer support (with live chat), unlimited online storage and bandwidth, and no transaction fees if you use Shopify Payments. They also offer a fully functional 14-day free trial, with no credit card required.
|Price Per Month||$9||$29||$79||$299||Contact Customer Service for a Quote|
|Number of Products||n/a||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Amount of Storage||n/a||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Learn more about Shopify and Shopify Plus from a selection of consumer reviews we’ve compiled from the web. We like to give you both positive and negative reviews, but a large majority of reviews we found were positive about Shopify’s features, functionality, and customer service.
I honestly could not imagine running my small business without it. All the things you need to receive orders, organise shipping and keep up with customer questions in one neat package. Thank you! Kelly E., Trustpilot, 6/1/2022
Overall, this is a great solution for online stores of many sizes and there is room to grow! Scaling with Shopify has been easy and I’m confident it will continue to be so. No plans to change providers at this time. Vallerie P., G2, 7/8/2022
I was customizing my website for 3 days without sleeping. Then, when I will unlock the website. My website has been inactive out of the blue. I contacted live chat. They told me ” Our Higher team will respond you via email” They never emailed me and solve my problem Ache T., Trustpilot, 3/11/2022
Shopify works great for most cases, but there are many instances where we run into very unexpected roadblocks. These are usually minor issues, but over time, these small issues seem to grow to form much more significant problems that would be easier to fix on other platforms. Not being able to fix issues in the specific way we would like to fix them is one of the problems we run into with Shopify. Jeffry T., G2, 2/8/2022
How Does Shopify Stack Up Against Competitors?
Find out how Shopify fared vs the competition in our best e-commerce platform showdown. Are Shopify’s easy set-up, customization capabilities, and sophisticated templates enough to put it ahead, or are there more affordable options? Our POS system comparison does an additional comparison of their POS system add-on, for which they are known for their unlimited bandwidth, tech support, and more.Tagged With: Retail, Reviews