To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Shopping around for the best ecommerce platform to make your online sales spectacular? Give Shopify some serious consideration. Shopify is our number one pick for the best ecommerce platform for its simple yet sophisticated approach.
You’ve likely heard of Shopify for its name alone, but they have the good reputation to back up their brand. With more than a decade of experience (a long history for anything online!), Shopify now operates in more than 150 countries and boasts $72 billion in sales. Keep reading for our Shopify reviews to see why they’re the ecommerce service of choice for millions of companies.
- Product set-up easier than most platforms
- Unlimited bandwidth with every plan
- Best online store templates/themes that we’ve reviewed
- Shared SSL certificate free with all plans (for securing your customer’s data)
- Access to more than 900 Shopify apps, including Google Analytics and Quickbooks
- Excellent 24/7 customer service and reputation (phone, email and live chat)
- 256-bit encryption for security
- Transaction fees apply if you don’t use Shopify Payments (except with Shopify Plus plan (0%))
- Discount code feature not available with Lite and Basic plans
- Many ecommerce features only available through Shopify plug-ins (some free, some not)
Key Features Of Shopify
- 100+ Shopify templates/themes that are easily customizable
- Use your existing domain name or purchase a new one for $11 (cheaper than most other services)
- Extensive content management system
- Built-in blog and article section
- Ability to integrate with all major American shipping carriers, including FedEx, UPS, USPS
- Excellent online security for your customers at 256-bit encryption level
- Improved return policy with partial returns
- Automatic inventory updates
- Built-in reporting and analytics, including Google Analytics
- Manage your store on the go with mobile apps for Android and iPhone
- Excellent point of sale system (POS) available now as part of the basic Shopify and Advanced plans
Key Features Of Shopify Plus
Shopify Plus is an enterprise grade ecommerce platform that takes online selling to a much higher level for larger retail companies.
- Unlimited sales, bandwidth and products
- Fully hosted SaaS ecommerce platform
- 0% transaction fees
- Unlimited online storage
- 100+ Shopify payment gateways
All Shopify plans include 24/7 customer support (with live chat), unlimited online storage and bandwidth, and no transaction fees if you use Shopify Payments. They also offer a fully functional 14-day free trial, with no credit card required.
|Price Per Month||$9||$29||$79||$299||Contact Customer Service for a Quote|
|Number of Products||n/a||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Amount of Storage||n/a||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
Shopify Discount Code
There are no Shopify coupons available.
What Do Shopify Users Have To Say?
Learn more about Shopify and Shopify Plus from a selection of consumer reviews we’ve compiled from the web. We like to give you both positive and negative reviews, but a large majority of reviews we found were positive about Shopify’s features, functionality and customer service.
Positive Shopify Reviews
The great thing about Shopify Plus is the fact we fundamentally trust the platform and can do what we want almost immediately and be confident it’s going to work. – Ben Francis, Founder of Gymshark, 8/29/18
It’s very user-friendly, has API to integrate easily across many platforms and has a gorgeous default store design and backend… Definitely try it out! If you’ll be using it for 10 or more products, it’s one of the best options out there. – Jared D., G2Crowd 2/7/2016
Negative Shopify Reviews
Shopify… has a tendency to crash unexpectedly and sometimes the entire Shopify system will go down mid-day. If you are a large scale business there are better POS options. – Sarah A., G2Crowd 1/1/2016
I’ve used Shopify for about three months. I would be wary to recommend it to anyone… There is about a less than 50% chance you will be able to reach someone when you call their hotline. I’ve left my phone number several times through that as well, and I’ve come to now expect about a 1/4 chance of a callback…If you already know how to use Shopify and don’t need to call them so much, you might be fine. – Sarah M., BBB, 6/28/2015
What’s The History Behind Ecommerce?
Ever wondered about the inception of online sales? Check out this video by Shopify for a brief but fascinating history of ecommerce.
How Does Shopify Stack Up Against Competitors?
Shopify came out on top in our Best ecommerce Platform reviews comparison. Although you might pay slightly more for it versus some of its competitors, their value is unmatched in our book. Shopify’s easy set-up, full customization capabilities, and sophisticated templates launch it ahead of the pack. With unlimited bandwidth, excellent tech support and an affordable POS system add-on (learn more in our POS System Reviews), Shopify is the clear leader of e-commerce platforms.
What pros and cons have you found using Shopify or another ecommerce service?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.