To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Has your online store outgrown the e-commerce software you’ve been using? Or are you unhappy with your current enterprise e-commerce platform? If so, you may want to consider migrating your store to Shopify Plus.
What is Shopify Plus? You’ve likely heard of Shopify, the hugely popular e-commerce software. Shopify Plus is the company’s enterprise-level e-commerce platform that’s taking many high-volume and fast-growing merchants to new levels. Read our review to see if this powerhouse software is worth the additional investment.
- Free dedicated launch specialists
- Unlimited online storage and bandwidth (sales, visitors & products)
- 99.99% site uptime
- 1,000+ apps/integrations including Google Analytics and Quickbooks
- Sell via social channels and marketplaces like Facebook and Amazon
- Excellent 24/7 customer service and reputation (phone, email and live chat)
- Full customization with customer checkout, reporting and many other features
- Free SSL certificate and 256-bit encryption level
- On the pricey side
- Many ecommerce features only available through Shopify plug-ins (some free, some not)
- Fully hosted SaaS e-commerce platform
- 0% transaction fees
- Unlimited bandwidth and online storage
- Ability to handle 10,000 checkouts per minute
- 100+ payment gateways
- Migration from 40+ platforms with dedicated assistance
- Integration with FedEx, UPS, USPS
- Built-in analytics and reporting, including Google Analytics
- Solid point of sale system (POS) available (additional fees apply)
- Get paired with one of their Shopify Plus Partners to enhance your online store’s marketing and sales goals (thousands of customers, including Nestle, Leesa, Barrel, Rocket Code, LeSportsac and more)
Shopify Plus includes 24/7 customer support, unlimited bandwidth and online storage, and no transaction fees. They also offer a free 14-day trial, with no credit card required.
You must contact Shopify for their Plus Plan pricing. Advanced Shopify, the highest tier of Spotify’s standard edition, costs $299 per month (just to give you a reference point), so you can expect to pay more for Shopify Plus. Shopify Plus will negotiate with you based on your sales volumes, the level of support needed, and other factors to determine a flat fee per month. This is typical of “enterprise” level solutions, they are customized on a user-by-user basis.
Consumer Reviews Of Shopify Plus
Read the positive and negative consumer reviews we’ve found around the web for Shopify Plus. With most products and services we cover, we find a balance of positive and negative reviews, but with Shopify and Shopify Plus, the large majority of reviews are very positive.
Shopify plus is a great (but a tad pricey) platform to start and grow your business. It offers an incredibly dynamic and user-friendly, one-stop-shop experience, which says why it is the leading commerce platform in the industry for a reason. – Shelbs B., G2, 4/19/2022
This is an amazing Ecommerce eco-system. Conversion rate improved by 50% over our self-hosted, self managed previous site. It’s not cheap but the support is excellent. Andy R., Capterra, 5/12/2022
Multi-store and localization are tricky, but like all platforms there are drawbacks that can be overcome with the right engineering and management of a project. The POS integration is decent, but still in it’s infancy…Arguably the content management of Pages and Blogs needs to be reworked. It’s limiting that we have to work within a box when it comes to /pages… I would kill for the freedom I used to have on self-hosted systems, but that trade-off pales when it comes to never dealing with the BS of maintaining the backend systems. – Eric C., G2Crowd 5/12/2016
It often time has outages, and they seem to last quite a while to get fixed. Also, it would be great if there is an easier way to communicate with Shopify support for guidance. – Melody M., G2, 4/8/2022
How Does Shopify Plus Compare?
Shopify Plus is making a name for itself among well-established enterprise e-commerce platforms, such as Magento EE and Demandware. Shopify Plus is a robust platform that is fully customizable and scalable, and the level of customer support you get is hard to beat. But how did Shopify perform in our e-commerce platform comparison?
Also if you’re interested in the Spotify platform but not sure you need all the bells and whistles of the enterprise-level Plus edition reviewed here, be sure to check out our Shopify Standard review.
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.