To sustain this free service, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. This doesn’t affect rankings. Our review process.
Are you having a hard time choosing a website hosting service? A hugely popular solution, DreamHost brings ten years of reliable hosting to the table. They’re affordable and straightforward, with some robust features. And DreamHost gets two thumbs up from a vast majority of its customers. But are they the optimal hosting solution for your specific website needs? Find out with our DreamHost reviews.
- 100% uptime guarantee
- Offers users a well-documented wiki that provides detailed instructions on how to perform most functions
- Comes with many pre-installed languages
- Addition of solid state drives (SSDs) to shared hosting plans to decrease loading time
- Large majority of positive customer reviews on Trustpilot
- 97-day money back guarantee
- 24/7 tech support
- Does not offer direct phone support which means that customer service is limited to live chat, an email ticketing system or a callback
- Many users feel that Dream Host is not a good fit for those running heavy scripts such as osCommerce
- Does not utilize the industry standard cPanel which can make it confusing to navigate for newcomers to web hosting
- Ten-year history hosting more than 1.5 million websites and blogs
- Offers shared, VPS, and dedicated DreamHost hosting
- Shared plan includes unlimited storage, bandwidth, domain hosting, email accounts and MySQL databases
- One-click app installs
- PCI-compliant for ecommerce websites
- Green Certificate of Carbon Neutralization for eco-friendly use of resources
All DreamHost plans offer a 97-day money back guarantee — much longer than most services.
DreamHost Shared Plan
- $10.95 per month monthly
- $9.95 per month for 1 year
- $7.95 per month for 3 years
DreamHost VPS Plans
- $15 per month for 1GB Ram and 30GB storage
- $30 per month for 2GB Ram and 60GB storage
- $60 per month for 4GB Ram and 120GB storage
- $120 per month for 8GB Ram and 240GB storage
- Ranging from $169 to $399 per month
- Save $20 per month with 1-year signup
Dreamhost Coupon Code
Get 40% off DreamHost web hosting plans via this link
What Do Users Say About DreamHost?
Read below for a balanced sampling of positive and negative DreamHost reviews we found online from current and former customers.
Positive DreamHost Reviews
I have tried my luck with many different hosting services… Out of every hosting service I’ve used, DreamHost has blown them out of the water! Customer Service is great with providing support, they’re very professional but also very personable. They know what they’re talking about when it comes to their work and are quick to identify any issues and resolve them. I’ve never had issues with down time and they give their customers access to a lot of features most hosting services restrict. – Michael P., Trustpilot 8/8/2016
Dream Host is one of the best Hosting companies by far. I would recommend them to anyone. Not only do they get back to you in minutes, they also help guide you thru it all promptly and quickly. Awesome Customer Service, even get communication thru their web chat on the weekends. Give them a chance. – Stephanie H., BBB 9/14/2014
Negative DreamHost Reviews
DreamHost is so bad! Do not use them! Our mail server goes down all of the time! Our emails are almost always delayed and sometimes they will not send out! When you are working with tight deadlines, you can not have your emails hold you up! This is always such a problem and they can never seem to fix it! Plus their customer care is awful. – Samantha R., Trustpilot 3/17/2016
I have been a loyal DreamHost customer for six years… But that all stopped today… I was shocked with an error 404 message. I had no idea what was happening and frantically started checking my email for some sort of message about what was happening from DreamHost. Nothing… So I hastily sent a support ticket to them. My reply was that there was a MySQL error so they removed the site, but would put it back online… A few hours later, suddenly my entire database is gone! – Frank W., BBB 6/22/2015
How Can a Domain Help My Business?
If you own your own business, you know the importance of your brand identity. Check out the video below to see how DreamHost domain registration helped one photographer grow her brand.
Is DreamHost Your Website Hosting Solution?
One of DreamHost’s biggest selling points is its generous shared hosting package, with unlimited bandwidth, storage, and unlimited domains and subdomains all in one affordable account. It’s not surprising this package is their most popular service — you get a lot of bang for your buck! The drawbacks for some users? If you’re a cPanel die-hard, you’ll be disappointed they don’t offer it. But their control panel offers much of the same functionality, so may be worth giving a try. And if you’re a heavy web host user, Dream Host has limited script running capabilities, so take advantage of your 97-day free trial to do some script stress testing before diving all-in. We hope our DreamHost review has helped narrow down your field of choices in this massive industry! Read our web hosting comparison article to learn more about DreamHost’s competitors.
Why do you like or dislike Dreamhost as a website hosting solution?
Disclaimer: This website contains reviews, opinions and information regarding products and services manufactured or provided by third parties. We are not responsible in any way for such products and services, and nothing contained here should be construed as a guarantee of the functionality, utility, safety or reliability of any product or services reviewed or discussed. Please follow the directions provided by the manufacturer or service provider when using any product or service reviewed or discussed on this website.