To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
In an unbelievably competitive industry, SendinBlue has made an impressive name for itself over the last few years. This Paris-based company now has a strong Seattle presence, and many say it offers Americans the same high level of service found across the pond. Does Brevo live up to the hype? Find out with our in-depth Brevo (formally SendinBlue) review.
- Pros & Cons
- Key Features
- What Do Customers Think?
- How To Boost Conversion Rates (Video)
- Is Brevo My Best Option?
- Monthly pricing is very competitive, and SendinBlue offers a pay as you go plan
- Drag and drop editor, emails ready for mobile and tablet screens
- A major focus on transactional emails (product ordering, confirmations, etc.)
- SMS (text) messaging, including transactional SMS feature
- Solid tracking and reporting – order tracking, real-time tracking, SMTP module specifically designed for transactional emails
- Google Analytics integration
- You can import sales orders
- Behavioral segmentation and personalization based on customer purchase habits
- Heat mapping tells you which areas of your email are being clicked through
- Customer phone support hours unlisted
- User feedback about their customer support varies widely (some say great; others poor)
- No internal survey feature (but you can integrate with SurveyMonkay via Zapier)
- No RSS to email
- You can only import contacts using CSV or TXT files
- Limited integrations compared to many of its competitors, but you can connect with Salesforce, Shopify and Highrise via Zapier
- Email template selection is very limited, but it has been adding more templates, and does offer transactional email templates
- Dedicated IP costs $145/year (only included in Gold Premium & Enterprise plans)
- Brevo (formally SendinBlue) has tons of features to help you achieve your online sales goals (transactional email and SMS features, order tracking, behavioral segmentation and personalization based on customer purchase habits, etc.)
- Fully featured, free-forever plan gives you 300 emails per day with unlimited contacts
- Eight pre-configured marketing automation triggers (abandoned cart, promotions, coupons, etc.) or create your own
- Ability to create landing pages to maximize your sales goals
- Plug-ins with WordPress, Drupal, Magento, PrestaShop, WooCommerce, Shopify, Salesforce, Jimdo, Wix, Zapier and a few other 3rd party add-ons
- Social media sharing with Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Robust API
- White label plans available
|Email Plan Name||Free||Lite||Premium||Enterprise|
|Emails Per Month||300/day||10,000||20,000||Custom|
|Price Per Month||$0||$25||$65||Contact for pricing|
I have been using email newsletter vendors since they started 20 years ago and SendinBlue is the best I have used by far. The overall ease of use is superior to all the others I have tried. – Jim R., G2 Crowd 1/8/2019
I run a very small business, and send regular emails to my contact list several times a week. Sendinblue meets my communication needs perfectly. Here’s what I really like about the service: Ease of use, Intuitive interface: add graphics and text boxes easily, and rearranging them is very easy; Easy to create clean, professional looking emails; Useful stat tools. – Joe, Trustpilot 10/23/2018
Sometimes it gets slow when it is used in Android mobile devices, List functions of the test email are very small, and also its speed is not the most exemplary. The software is not very complete, but it is useful for small companies. – Carlos V., G2 Crowd 12/21/2018
Went with sendinblue after reviews and after spending time to complete a campaign, this could not be sent for another 24 hours. After a 24 hour wait, they have chosen to not validate the account and would not give a reason for this. A waste of time! In a world where time is money this has got to be the worst service I have had. No explanations, no reasoning, no apologies. – Danny, Trustpilot 8/17/2018
See how you can personalize your email content to increase conversion rates up to 33% in this video.
Brevo’s major “selling” points are its full-featured free forever plan and competitive pricing for paid plans. It’s also super simple to set up and use, even with so many features. If you’re a small to medium-sized business, particularly in e-commerce, Brevo is most definitely worth trying out.
Think you’ll give Brevo a shot or try an alternative? Let us know in the comments!Tagged With: Email Marketing, Reviews