When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission. Here’s how it works.
Searching for an e-commerce solution to help your online store’s sales soar? Most people have heard of the shopping cart software, Shopify, but Shift4Shop (although not the huge name-brand) gives Shopify a run for its money in many areas.
Shift4Shop is a worthy contender with robust features, customization capabilities, online payment gateways, and more. Keep reading our Shift4Shop review to see why they’re among our top picks for the best e-commerce platform.
- Very competitive pricing
- Good set-up wizard
- No transaction fees
- Unlimited storage with every plan
- Free domain name
- 100+ free themes (all mobile-ready); all templates are fully customizable
- Feature-rich platform, even with the mini level pricing
- Best inventory management system we’ve seen
- High 256bit security level
- Built-in POS system
- Pricing can be confusing; sales per year caps on most pricing tiers
- Product limits with their entry level plan
- Wide range of customization features could lead to a complex store setup
- Some complaints about sub-par support from customer service (although they offer 24/7 support)
- Among the most robust e-commerce website features on the market
- 99.9% guaranteed site uptime
- Offers Content Delivery Network (CDN) — your site is available on multiple Shift4Shop servers, which translates to faster loading times
- More than 200 payment gateways (more than any other platform we’ve seen)
- Rich content management system
- Built-in blog
- More than 100 integrations, including Google Analytics
- Mobile apps for Android and iPhone let you manage your store on the go
- Built-in point of sale system (POS)
- More than 20 years in the industry (originally marketed as 3DCart, the software was acquired by Shift4 (a payments provider) in November 2020).
- Shift4Shop Cares program provides charitable grants and product and service donations to those in need
Unlimited storage is included in all Shift4Shop plans. Save 10% off the following monthly pricing if you pay annually, and they offer non-profit discounts. They offer a 15-day free trial period so you can try it before you buy.
|Price Per Month
|$19 ($9/month 1st 6 months)
|$29 ($19/month 1st 6 months)
|$79 ($49/month 1st 6 months)
|$229 ($129/month 1st 6 months)
|Number of Products
|Online Sales Limit Per Year
How Do Shift4Shop Users Weigh In?
Here are some of the most relevant online customer reviews we’ve found in our research about Shift4Shop. We give you a sampling of both positive and negative Shift4Shop reviews from trusted online forum sources.
Positive Shift4Shop Reviews
There are a few things I like best about 3dcart. The first is the ease of use. This cart is user friendly and it doesn’t take a lot of work, understanding or effort to get it set up. The next thing I like about this cart is the customer service. Whenever I have a question, I can call in and talk to someone. Everyone I have ever spoken with has been knowledgeable and able to help me resolve my issue. Finally, this cart does what it is supposed to and meets the needs of the company. – Retail Customer, G2, 4/21/2020
Shift4Shop is priced competitively with Shopify and BigCommerce. And users who take advantage of the free End-to-End plan find an impressive array of features for the price. Some users say price was their main reason for choosing Shift4Shop. – Kate H., Merchant Maverick, 1/25/2022
It really used to be a good solution, but in recent years and a change of hands have made 3DCart no longer a good choice. It used to be easy to work with for both larger (even multi-store) sites and small stores. Now only a handful of pre-made templates to choose from. Still fairly easy to modify the look and feel of your stores or go completely custom. Many built-in features with options to add more from third-party developers. – Annoymous Customer, G2, 8/20/2021
I can’t even get through the sign up process to build my site. One time I got through and their so called builder is so crappy, clunky, and slow it won’t do anything. They need some serious work. – Debbie E., Trustpilot, 4/12/2022
Want To See Shift4Shop In Action?
The following video shows you how Shift4Shop’s rich features can help you easily build a stunning e-commerce website.
How Does Shift4Shop Stack Up Against Competitors?
How did Shift4Shop fare in our best e-commerce platform showdown? Read the article to find out. In summary, Shift4Shop has a fantastic set of robust features, stylish templates, 24/7 tech support, and a POS system add-on that syncs easily with your online store (learn more in our POS system reviews). Remember they do have a bandwidth limit on their entry-level plan. To get the inside scoop on what makes Shift4Shop tick, read our interview with Gonzalo Gil, their founder, and CEO.Tagged With: Reviews