To keep the lights on, we receive affiliate commissions via some of our links. Our review process.
There are plenty of social media management tools out there, but none have been as popular or as reputable as Hootsuite. It’s been around the longest and is one of the first tools out there that allows you to manage multiple social media accounts and networks. But has it gotten too big for its britches and is it overcharging customers? Find out in our review.
- Free plan offered
- Established in 2008, widely recognized and reputable
- Hootsuite University and forums for support and training
- Monitor other third-party sites like Foursquare and Yelp
- Supports Facebook Ads (in Beta)
- Branded URLs (for business plan)
- Dashboard can be a bit overwhelming
- Must use their URL shortener (although it helps with tracking)
- Can only connect one service to one Hootsuite account at a time
- Custom reports and other features can be pricey
- Multiple Account Integration – HootSuite tracks Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Myspace, and even Google Plus.
- Custom Analytics & Reports – Get a better view of your social campaigns with powerful analytical tools and customizable reports that will give you a complete and comprehensive picture of your participation in social spaces.
- Teams – With Hoot Suite’s Teams you can work with others in your organization (from brand managers to external consultants, ad agencies or other collaborators) by providing different levels of access. You can also change permissions at any time to remain consistent with your business needs for when employees get promoted or leave the company (without giving them access to confidential information like passwords or having to make them admins of the page).
- Added Security Benefits – With the Enterprise level of Hoot Suite you have access to these additional benefits that includes features like “Swipe to Approve” and HTTPS. Be Prepared for Crisis
- Mobile App – Access features at your fingertips right on your smartphone or tablet. Do things like message scheduling, subscribe to RSS feeds and more on the go on your iPhone, Android and iPad.
Hootsuite offers a 30-day free trial.
- Free – up to 3 profiles
- Pro – $49/month up to 10 social profiles (1 user)
- Team – $249/month per user (3 users) up to 20 social profiles + additional features
- Business – $739/month per user (5-10 users) up to 35 social profiles + additional features
- Enterprise – 10+ users, contact for pricing
The customer support was completely and absolutely amazing! The BEST support I have received in a very long time. I contacted them on Twitter Hootsuite Spanish. I was incredibly worried and stressed but the guy that attended me, Fernando, helped me and handled the situation perfectly, replied fast, very caring, and cordial. A plus is that he helped me in my native language (Spanish) and helped me to calm down. – Rebecca S, Trustpilot 5/19/2020
Hootsuite is one of the most recognized solutions in the social media management segment. Its maturity shows in its wide range of solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs), extending beyond posting to collaboration, scheduling, and analytics. – Rob M, PCMag 8/23/2019
I wish i could leave no stars. Look out for the automatic billing. Cancelation process is difficult and unclear. Once they have your money they don’t care! Customer service is missing. The platform frequently looses connection with social media accounts. It lacks options and doesn’t allow for good optimization. Look elsewhere before committing. What a nightmare!! – Jason H, Trustpilot 3/11/2020
The aggregate posting and analytics are not impressive by any means. It’s the same type of features you get for free on so many other platforms. In the past, I’ve also experienced a decrease in overall impressions and engagement on social when posting through the Hootsuite platform. Allegedly, it’s because the social sites will recognize that you’re posting offsite. We’ve moved to posting directly in-network and organically engaging with influencers, etc. – Anonymous, g2 12/13/2019
Here’s a quick introduction on the tool and how it works so you can get an idea of what to expect.
Love Or Hate Hootsuite?
Even though Hootsutie was first out of the gate, there have been dozens of newer social media management tools that have entered the market giving them a run for their money and keeping them on their toes to keep up with new features.
We recommend checking out our comprehensive social media management tools review to see how other providers compare to Hootsuite.
Thinking of trying Hootsuite or leaning towards another provider? Let us know in the comments!Tagged With: Reviews